The Red, White and Blue flies high in Frederick Md in July 2013, with Stars and Stripes and fireworks in store. There are many activities to celebrate in July:
First Saturday in the Historic District
- Boat Parade/Contest!! Prizes to be awarded!
- Children’s Activities
- Live Music several places downtown
- Write Letters to the troops overseas
- Free Trolley Rides
- Dancing, and more
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Five Alive Happy Hour for the summer months: May through August, Alive @ Five is held every Thursday of each month, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and take place from 5-8pm.
Frederick History Buffs
- Civil War Walking Tour – July 7, and 21, Museum of Frederick County History, 301-663-1188
- Summer Lecture Series at the Museum of Civil War Medicine
- Civil War Encampment at Rose Hill Manor, July 13th and 14th.
- Roger Brook Taney House Exhibit – On the Border of Freedom
- 149th Commemoration of the Battle of Monocacy, July 6th and 7th
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: I Am Not My Mother, Laugh Station, The Annual Live
- “Legally Blond” playing at Way Off Broadway, Disney’s Cinderella
- Celebrate Frederick– Baker Park Amphitheatre
- Summer Concert Series at Hood College
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages, July 6th.
- Frederick County Art Association Website
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Barbara Fritchie Motorcycle 91st Classic – July 4, Frederick Fair Grounds, 10 am to 5 pm.
- Summer Concert Series in Baker Park, Sundays 7pm at the Bandshell
- Summerfest Family Theater, Thursdays, 10:30 AM, Baker Park
- River & Trail Outfitters, Kayak Trip
For Frederick Kids
- Celebrate Frederick – Baker Park Amphitheatre.
- Adventure Park USA 8th Birthday Celebration, June 30 through July 1, Adventure Park USA
- The Earth Space & Science Lab has planetarium shows throughout the summer, see shows and purchase tickets at their website. Note the new website.
- The C. Burr Artz Library has a summer reading program, and many other activities.
- Way Off Broadway, Children’s Summer Camp
LoziLu Women’s Mud Run, raising funds for Chilren’s Cancer, July 20th @ Frederick Fair Grounds, Registration is open until July 17.
- Picnic on the Meadow,July 6th, 2013, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- $10 a Person (Age 4 and under free!) 50/50, Raffles, Face Painting & Music
Ceresville Mansion 8259 Liberty Road, Frederick, MD 21701
100% of the event’s proceeds will go to Patty Pollatos Fund, Inc. to
benefit Joyce Wilcoxon as she battles end stage liver
- Frederick Community Foundation
For Frederick Foodies:
- Farmer’s Markets Open – I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
- The Frederick Community College Culinary Arts and Hospitality Institute will host an open house at its facility on Saturday, July 13 from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- The 4th Annual “Date Night on Main Street”, Middletown, July 20th.
Independence Day Celebrations in & Around Frederick
- Celebration in Brunswick, July 3rd at Dusk
- Celebration in Baker Park, July 4th, noon to Dusk, Fireworks, music, chili cook-off, kids’ activities
Enjoy Summer in Frederick! See my Summer Guide of Frederick Activities for a Full List for your Summer Staycation.