The day after Christmas is the 25th Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship in Frederick Md. The tour of 12 churches and synagogue and the Baker will take place on Monday December 26, from 4 to 9 pm. It is a beautiful time to take in the lovely architecture and historic significance of this aspect of our city and enjoy musical performances and historical characters from Frederick’s earlier times.
1. Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ, 11 West Church Street. Tour the Main Church Building and the Trinity Chapel. Listen to the Historical lecture by “Thomas Schley”, and organ music.
2. Trinity Chapel, see above. Listen to Bell-chime demonstrations, and see Art Exhibit by Steve Poole.
3. Asbury United Methodist Church, West All Saints & Court Streets. Live Nativity at 5, 6 and 7 pm. Mass choir from 7 to 9 pm.
4. All Saints’ Episcopal Church, 106 West Church St. Hand bells vocals, various instrumental performances from 4 to 9 pm.
5. Calvary United Methodist Church, North Bentz & West 2nd Streets. Tri-State Harp Ensemble, from 4 to 7 pm; Calvary Bells from 7 to 7:15 pm; Art exhibit by Carl Butler.
7. Beth Sholom Synagogue, 20 West 2nd St. Judaism 101.
8. Centennial Memorial United Methodist Church, 8 West 2nd St. Organist Eddie Wiles performs from 4 to 6 pm, Choir performance from 6 to 7, Yellow Springs Band from 7 to 8, and Noteworthy instrumental music from 8 to 9.
9. Grace United Church of Christ, 25 East 2nd St. Choir music, presentation by Noel Lester family and sing-along.
10. The Visitation Academy Chapel, 200 East Second St. various school chorus performances, Ahdia Bavari – soloist, A Cappella Cattolica and Art Exhibit by Peter Plant.
11. Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 118 East 2nd St. Short tours every hour; Various Choral groups, organ solo, vocal solos and vocal and guitar.
12. Evangelical Lutheran Church, 35 East Church St. Dr. Elizabeth Drouse plays the Organ from 4 to 5 and 8 to 9 pm. Mass Choir ( 6 to 7) and Frederick Flute Choir (7 to 8). Art exhibits by Marilu Tousignaut & Laura Renee Davis.
13. Joseph Dill Baker Carillon, in Baker Park. John Widmann, City Carillonneur, will perform for 1/2 hour at 4, 5 and 6 pm.
Roy Rogers Restaurants and participating churches will provide coffee and hot chocolate. Brochures are available at the Visitor Center at 151 S. East Street and at participating worship houses and Roy Rogers.