The holidays are winding down, it’s time to “Wine Down” in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for January’s First Saturday (Jan. 2nd) is “Downtown Wine Down”, a time to relax after the Holidays.
- Complimentary Messages
- Wine Tastings
- Live Music
- Gallery Openings
- Various Tastings!
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
January Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for January, Frederick Speaker Series: Jane Fonda, Saturday afternoon Cartoon Fest, 1964: The Tribute, International Kids Film Fest, Flying Dog Movie Series, The Del McCoury Band Sings Woody Guthrie, and more.
- January at Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Comedy Pigs, There’s No Place Like Home…Life Without the Ruby Slippers, Winter Spring Ensemble School Classes are open for registration.
- Way Off Broadway: Anything Goes, Junie B. Jones, the Musical.
- Fredericktowne Players: Crimes of the Heart
- Dueling Pianos with the Faux School, Jan. 8, 9.
- Creative Outlet Drop-in art activities at the Delaplaine, Jan. 2.
History In Frederick
- Model Train Open House, every Sunday in January through Feb. 7th. 423 E. Patrick St. 1 to 4 pm.
- Mt. Olive: Preserving the Past, Presentation at C. Burr Artz Public Library, Jan. 14.
- One Vast Hospital: Frederick’s Civil War. Jan. 16, Civil War Medical Museum, also, Civil War After Hours, Jan. 29, 6 – 9 pm.
For the Kids
- Ausherman Planetarium: Winterfest.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
New Year’s Celebrations
- Annual New Year’s Eve Key Drop, Dec. 31st. Midnight @ the Suspension bridge over Carroll Creek
- Family New Year’s Eve Celebration @ Adventure Park USA, 9 pm to 12:30.
- Many restaurants in Frederick have a special New Year’s Eve menu and entertainment.
- Freezin’ for a Reason, to benefit BEACON, Brunswick Area Recreation Council, Jan. 1st. Also, Scottish First Footing New Year’s Day Celebration.
- Polar Plunge Party at Lake Royer, Jan. 1. Cascade Md. 301.241.5085
- 12th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, Washington County Humane Society, Jan. 16, 12 noon to 1 pm. Greenbriar State Park.
- Check out the 106.9 Eagle Community Calendar for more non-profit events in the region.
Frederick Wine Trail Events
- Linganore Winecellars: Winterfest, Jan. 23, 2016 @ 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm, DJ, dancing, With a focus on handmade crafts and beautiful artwork, tickets are limited.
- Also at Linganore Winecellars: Wine and Chocolate Pairing, Jan 2 – 31, 2016 all-day, Barrel Tasting: Jan 9-10, Intro to Zentangle, Jan. 17, Annual Bridal Show, Jan. 31st, RSVP: To Mary Beth Davis at 301-831-5889 or MaryBeth@LinganoreWines.com
Although many Farmers’ Markets close for the winter, The Frederick Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday!
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!
Downtown Cooking School – February 19-21 – Register here.