Happy New Year 2015 ♥ in Frederick Md
The holiday frenzy is winding down, it’s time to “Wine Down” in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for January’s First Saturday (Jan. 3rd) is “Downtown Wine Down”, a time to relax after the Holidays. This year will feature the first-time “Walk of Lights”…Can’t wait to see what that entails!
- Complimentary Messages
- Wine Tastings
- Live Music
- Gallery Openings
- Chocolate Tastings!
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
January Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for January, Frederick Speaker Series: Jane Fonda, Jim Henson’s Sid the Science Kid, Maryland International Film Festival, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Ivy + Bean, the Musical, and more.
- January at Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Comedy Pigs, The Last Hurrah, The Grand Opening of their 2nd stage, Winter Spring Ensemble School Classes are open for registration.
- Way Off Broadway: Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None”. The Berenstain Bears on Stage. Coming soon: The Wizard of Oz, and Fiddler on the Roof.
- Raggae Concert at the Faux School, Jan. 24, 7:30
- Student Juried Art Show at FCC, ends Jan 2.
- Creative Outlet Drop-in art activities at the Delaplaine, Jan. 3,
History In Frederick
- Model Train Open House, through January 4, 11, 18, 25,. 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Ausherman Planetarium: Winterfest, starts Jan 26.
- Movie Night at the Museum, St. Elizabeth Seton, 339 South Seton Ave.
Emmitsburg, Jan. 10, Feb. 14, March 14.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
New Year’s Celebrations
- Annual New Year’s Eve Key Drop, Dec. 31st. Midnight @ the Suspension bridge over Carroll Creek
- Family New Year’s Eve Celebration @ Adventure Park USA, 9 pm to 12:30.
- Many restaurants in Frederick have a special New Year’s Eve menu and entertainment.
- Polar Plunge Party at Lake Royer, Jan. 1. Cascade Md.
- 12th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, Washington County Humane Society, Jan. 17, 12 noon to 1 pm. Greenbriar State Park.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!
Downtown Cooking School – in February – Register here.