Happy New Year! Celebrate January in Frederick Md
The holidays in Frederick Md are always magical. Now it’s time to recharge and get ready for a brand new year.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for January’s First Saturday (Jan. 7) is “Afterglow”, a time to relax after the Holidays. Takes place from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Luminaries along Market Street
- Trolley Rides
- Wine Tastings
- Live Music
- Gallery Openings
- Store Specials
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
January Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for January, Frederick Speaker Series: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Saturday afternoon Cartoon Fest 2017, 1964: The Tribute, International Kids Film Fest, Kathleen Madigan: Bothering Jesus Tour, Mercy Street Premier Screening, Seussical, Movie Series, and more.
- January at Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Nude Coffee Reunion Show, Coming in February: A Tale of Two Trolls, Top Girls
- Way Off Broadway: Pirates of Penzance, Coming in Feb: Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.
- Fredericktowne Players: Bells are Ringing
- Creative Outlet Drop-in art activities at the Delaplaine, Jan. 7.
History In Frederick
- Model Train Open House, every Sunday in January through Feb. 5th. 423 E. Patrick St. 1 to 4 pm.
For the Kids
- Ausherman Planetarium: Winterfest. Five great presentations.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
New Year’s Celebrations
- Annual New Year’s Eve Key Drop, Dec. 31st. Midnight @ the Suspension bridge over Carroll Creek
- Family New Year’s Eve Celebration @ Adventure Park USA, 9 pm to 12:30.
- Hogmanay, Traditional Scottish New Year: Urbana Fire Department
- Many restaurants in Frederick have a special New Year’s Eve menu and entertainment.
- Freezin’ for a Reason, to benefit BEACON, Brunswick Area Recreation Council, Jan. 1st. Also, Scottish First Footing New Year’s Day Celebration.
- Polar Plunge Party at Lake Royer, Jan. 1. Cascade Md. 301.241.5085
- 14th Annual Polar Bear Plunge, Washington County Humane Society, Jan. 14, 12 noon to 1 pm. Greenbriar State Park.
- Check out the 106.9 Eagle Community Calendar for more non-profit events in the region.
Frederick Wine Trail Events
- Linganore Winecellars: Winterfest, Jan. 8, 2016 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, DJ, dancing, With a focus on handmade crafts and beautiful artwork, tickets are limited.
Flying Dog Brewery’s “Higher Beer Education”: A first-of-its-kind beer education program at Flying Dog Brewery.
Although many Farmers’ Markets close for the winter, The Frederick Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday!
Here’s Something Cool!
The Intentional Entrepreneur Workshop, a free event from Frederick Community College, Wed. Jan. 25, 8 am – 12 noon. See Details.
Celebrate Chinese New Year 2017 – the Year of the Rooster – The Asian American Center of Frederick, Frederick County Public Libraries: Urbana Regional Library, and A&D STARS Chinese/English Dual Immersion Preschool Program for a family friendly celebration! Join the festivities by exploring Chinese culture throughout the library with traditional Chinese games, stories, crafts, music and a Dragon Parade! FREE and OPEN to ALL AGES! DATE: Sunday, January 29 TIME: 1pm-3pm LOCATION: Urbana Regional Library FREE!