First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for June’s First Saturday: I Art Downtown Frederick, is sponsored by Comstock Homes. The 21st Frederick Festival of the Arts is the first weekend in June (June 7-8), and there will be artistic events throughout Frederick County the entire month. Frederick is a growing arts community!
- Two Community Art Projects
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
- Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held every Thursday, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and takse place from 5-8pm.
- Get it Downtown Scavenger Hunt, June 3, Carroll Creek Amphitheater. 6:30 pm. Fee – $25 per team of 4. Find out more on the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website.
- Cornhole Classic, June 21, first annual tournament. find out more on the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
The Arts in Frederick
The 21st Annual Festival of the Arts, along Carroll Creek in Downtown Frederick along Carroll Creek. This year there will be over 110 fine artists and craftsmen from across the country. Downtown Frederick, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, June 6-8.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 7-8.
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday evenings @ 7 pm.
- U.S. Army Soldier Show, June 10, Fort Detrick. Free Admission.
- 27th Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, June 15 to Sun June 17.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, “Magic is in the Air” JB Kussmaul Theater at FCC, June 14, 8 pm.
- Summer Chamber Music Festival, June 19th, 26th, Hood College.
- Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out, self-guided tour, June 14.
- Easels in Frederick, June 20-21, in Downtown Frederick
- Urbana Music Festival, June 21, Urbana Regional Library & The Villages of Urbana. Music, Arts and Crafts. 301-600-1629
Theater in Frederick
- The Frederick Film Festival 6th Annual – Fri. June 27 – 29, 7 pm @ the Weinberg.
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: “The Star Stealer”, “The Comedy Pigs”, “The Annual Live 2: The Sequeling”, Fun Camp, Summer Camps for Children now registering.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 24/7 Dance Studio Annual Recital, June 8, 9. Quinn Sullivan, more.
- Les Miserables playing at Way Off Broadway, Disney’s Peter Pan, Jr.
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- Geocache Adventure in Historic Frederick – Kickoff June 1. Frederick Visitor Center, 151 South East Street.
- African American Heritage Walking Tour, June 7, Roger Brooke Taney House.
- Frederick County First Call Weekend, events to commemorate the Battle of Monocacy, “history meets the arts”, June 7, noon – 9 pm, Downtown Frederick.
- Frontier Day, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, June 7.
- 1864 Civil War Exhibit Opening, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St, Frederick, June 14.
- Civil War Living History, Catoctin Furnace, June 28-29.
- Hands On History Program, Historical Society of Frederick County, Third Wednesday of every month, 24 E. Church Street.301-663-1188
- Battle of Monocacy/Frederick Junction Reenactment, June 26-29, Woodsboro Park & Woodsboro Fire Co. Activities Complex
- Emmitsburg Heritage Days, June 28.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- The Original British Car Day, Lilypons Water Gardens, June 1.
- Annual Gas Engine, Tractor and Truck Show, June 6, 7, and 8, Gladhill Tractor Mart, Frederick
- Dairy Month at Green Meadows Farm, June 14 – 29.
- Brunswick Downhill Mile Run, June 7, Square Corner Park, Brunswick
- Brunswick Bicycle Festival, June 28, Railroad Square Park.
- Alpaca Babypalooza! Sugarloaf Alpaca Company Farm, June 28-29.
- Woodsboro Annual Fireman’s Carnival, June 2-7, 4:30 pm to 11 pm. Woodsboro Activities Complex & Carnival Grounds – Woodsboro, MD
- Independence Day Celebration, Middletown Community Park, June 28, 12 pm until 9:30 pm fireworks.
- Family Movie Night, Middletown Park, June 13, See Middletown Community Website
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, & Father’s Day Celebration, June 14 – 15.
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 21, 6-9, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown.
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 20 – 21 (Fundraiser for Sophie and Madigan’s Playground)
- Alpaca Babypalooza, June 22, 23, Adamstown.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. 80-year-old, coal-fired steam locomotive, for three weekends beginning May 17th.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Picnic, Sat. June 14, 11 am to 2.
- Jesse James Day, June 14, July 12, Aug. 9, Sept. 13, Adventure Park USA
- Mission of Mercy Charity Day at Brewer’s Alley, Tuesday, June 3, 11:30 AM to 11:30 PM. 20% of your check will go to Mission of Mercy.
- Cleopatra – Womens Spring Event, benefits The Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund, Colonial Jewelers, June 12, 6 pm.
- Downtown Abbey Garden Party, fundraiser at Historic Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., June 28.
- 2014 Paws N Claws 5K, Sat. June 28, Baker Park, supports the Animal Welfare League. Register in Advance.
- Lab Rescue – Adoption Event, June 8, PetSmart, Urbana Pike
- Health & Benefits Fair for Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities, Wed. June 4, Emmitsburg Community Center. 9 am to noon. Health Screenings, Support Services. 300 South Seton Av.
- Golden Gears Car Club, Home Run Benefit Car Show @ NAPA Auto Parts, July 5, 10 am to 3 pm, All proceeds benefit Vietnam Veterans of America, Korean War Veterans Association, Vets Journey Home
- Partnership Percentage Day, June 10, a percentage of profits go to Downtown Frederick Partnership, when you dine at Cellar Door, Ayse Meze Lounge, Pistarro’s or Volt.
For Frederick Foodies:
Swinetastic BBQ Festival /cancelled. Back in 2015
Frederick Beer Week, May 30 to June 7th, 14th Annual BrewFest – June 7, 12 pm to 6 pm, Stillpoint Farm, Mt. Airy
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick! Coming soon… my super mega post “Summer Events in Frederick”