Maryland Wine Week – June 13 -23
This year marks the fourth annual statewide celebration of local wines. Restaurants and stores throughout Maryland will host various events and promotions, from wine-themed menus and dinners, to tastings and specials on local wines. There are over 65 wineries in Maryland!
There are several events planned at the local wineries, including live music and wine/food pairings. Several Father’s Day Celebrations are happening this weekend. Participating Frederick and Nearby Wineries include:
- Linganore Winecellers – Mt. Airy
- Catoctin Breeze Vineyard – Thurmont
- Loew Vineyards – Mt. Airy
- Elk Run Vineyards and Winery – Mt. Airy
- Black Ankle Vineyards – Mt. Airy
- Orchid Celler Meadery and Winery – Middletown
- Distillery Lane Ciderworks – Jefferson
- Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard – Dickerson
- Big Cork Vineyards – Rohrersville
- Red Heifer Winery – Smithsburg
Maryland Wine Trails
There are six wine trails throughout Maryland, making for a convenient and organized way to explore the many wineries in the state.
- Antietam Highlands Wine Trail- Washington County
- Carroll Wine Trail – Westminster and Manchester, in Carroll County
- Frederick Wine Trail – Mt. Airy and Thurmont, in Frederick County
- Patuxent Wine Trail – Southern Maryland
- Piedmont Wine Trail – North of Baltimore
- No Trail – There are 12 wineries throughout the state that are not part of a trail, two in Western Maryland, 10 in the Baltimore-Washington area.
Find out more at Maryland Wine Week, learn about all the events during the year to celebrate Maryland wineries. Mark your calendar for the Maryland Wine Festival, Sept. 20 – 21, 2014 Enjoy this short video telling the story of Western Maryland’s oldest family winery: Linganore Winery