November is tomorrow… 55 DAYS LEFT!! Let the Holiday Festivities begin!
First Saturday in Frederick
This coming Saturday, Nov. 5th, is themed “Holiday Open House”. It features an evening of carriage rides in downtown Frederick, special sales, food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. (see the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website for details)
Frederick Md Christmas Show
The Frederick Maryland Christmas Show will be at the Frederick Fairgrounds on W. Patrick Street, November 18, 19 & 20 November 25, 26 & 27. Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Frosty Friday in Downtown Frederick
Nov. 25th, 9 AM to 9 PM, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, and Frosty the Snowman, Scrooge, the Grinch, and Santa appear to liven up Christmas shopping in the Historic District.
Small Business Saturday
November 26 the Downtown Frederick Partnership supports small businesses, join the Shop Small movement in downtown Frederick.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop-In Art Session, First Saturday, 3-5 pm. Also:
- Holiday Art Competition at Delaplaine. Nov. 30.
- Christmas with the Frederick Chorale, Evangelical Lutheran Church, Dec 4, 5.
- Way Off Broadway, Into the Woods, through Nov. 12, A Very Merry Christmas, Nov. 26 – Dec. 30, Children’s Stage: Clara and the Nutcracker Prince. Nov. 12 – Dec. 28.
- Maryland Ensemble Theater: Family Holiday, Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! The Comedy Pics.
- At the Weinberg: Lonestar, Eva, Jim Messina, Seldom Scene & Steep Canyon Rangers, Straight No Chaser: 20th Anniversary World Tour, United Air Force Concert Band, Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company, The Aluminum Show, Simply Three,
The Sicilian Tenors, Away in the Basement: A Church Basement Ladies Christmas, Tuba Christmas, and more. A Weinberg Winterfest on November 26th, Admission is FREE.
- Frederick Community College: Piano Concert, Tapestries Flute Concert, Step Afrika.
- Handel’s Messiah, Nov. 19-20, Coffman Chapel, Hood College.
- Performing Arts Factory – La Cage Aux Foles
- 34th Annual Valley Craft Network Studio Tour, A tour of 10 Artists Studios, Nov. 19-20. Middletown Valley. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Michael Adcock, Pianist, Nov. 13, Calvary United Methodist Church, 131 W. 2nd St.
- Emmitsburg Community Chorus, Nov. 27, National Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton.
For Frederick Kids
- Adventure Park USA, Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 10.
- Earth & Space Science Lab, Mysteries of the Unseen World, Dinosaurs Alive!, 210 Madison St. Frederick, Md.
- Santa’s Arrival, Everedy Square and Shab Row, Nov. 25, 7 pm.
- Festival of Trees, starts November 25. Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St. Frederick
- Kris Kringle Procession, Fri. Dec. 9, 6:30 pm.
- Santa Trains, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Paws & Planes: Holiday at the Airport, Nov. 19, AOPA National Aviation Center, 296 Bucheimer R.
- Shop Local, a fundraiser from The Women’s Council of Realtors®, 6-9 p.m. on Thursday, 12/1/16 in downtown Frederick, Maryland. At participating stores, a percentage of the proceeds go to these four local charities: Habitat for Humanity, S.H.I.P., Platoon 22, Humane Society. Merchant Sign-up.
Visit with Blessings in A Backpack – Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016, 5 to 8 pm. at Trail House, 17 S Market St, Frederick, MD 21701. Blessings in a Backpack of Frederick provides weekend backpacks of food to local children who depend on the school meals as their primary source of nourishment.
Other People’s Stuff – Liquidation Sale. Save up to 75%, supports local charities , November 4, 5, and 6. Check out the Facebook Event for details.
- Lawyer’s Farm Fall Fundraiser, Benefits American Brain Tumor Association and The American Cancer Society, Nov. 6th, 9 am to 7 pm.
- Way Station Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, Baker Park, Nov. 24, 7:45 am.
- Annual Mission of Mercy Gala, Bubble Ball, Sat, November 7, 6:30 PM – 11:30 PM, Holiday Inn and Conference Center, Frederick Md.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission welcomes food donations for Thanksgiving Dinner, as well as volunteers.
For History Buffs:
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick. Friday’s and Saturday’s.
- Frederick County Public Library events: Maryland Campaign of September 1862, C & O Canal Trust History.
- Civil War Series – Spies in Frederick County, Nov. 12, Museum of Civil War Medicine. Art and War – Nov. 5, Clara Barton’s Missing Soldiers Office.
- Festival of the Trees, Nov. 25 through Dec. 10, 10 am to 4 pm, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St.
- Homefront Holidays, Brunswick Heritage Museum, Nov. 28 – 10 am – 4 pm.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Nov. 12-13, Elk Lodge #684
Holiday Festivals Around Frederick County
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train, Nov. 19, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Christmas Sale in Middletown, Nov. 18, Christ Reformed Church Chapel. Also, Program on Model Toy Trains, Nov. 16.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Westview Promenade, Nov. 19, 5 – 8 pm. Storybook characters to pose with children, music, hot cocoa and its free.
- Santa Arrives at 7 pm sharp in a horse-drawn carriage at Everedy Square and Shab Row. Nov. 25.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Santa Train 301-898-0899
- Scents & Sweets Competition with Auction, Dec. 1st, 5:30 pm. William Talley Rec Center.
- Festival of Lights, Dec. 5th, 7 pm. City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 3-4.
Veterans Day Celebrations
- The United States Air Force Concert Band, playing at the Weinberg Theater November 11, 7:30.
- 84th Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 6, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 11th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Market St. and 2nd St. 10:40 pm – 11:00 pm. 301-694-0829
Consult the websites above for more wonderful Frederick events. If I missed anything, be sure to leave word in the comments, I’m happy to post your event. Times and dates are not guaranteed.
Thank you to those who contact us about local events! I’m happy to pass along the news in my posts and on 365 Frederick’s Facebook Page