Things to Do in Frederick November 2103
Our lovely Indian Summer is over in Frederick. As the weather chills, it’s a reminder… LESS THAN 60 DAYS LEFT!! Let the Holiday Festivities begin in Frederick Md! [click to tweet!]
First Saturday in Frederick
This coming Saturday, Nov. 2nd, is themed “Holiday Open House” features an evening of carriage rides, food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. From 3 pm to 9 pm. (see the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website for details)
Frederick Md Christmas Show
The Frederick Maryland Christmas Show will be at the Frederick Fairgrounds on W. Patrick Street, November 22-24, and 29-Dec. 1, 2013. Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. FYI – Adults are $7, Children are $4, and parking is $2.
The youth of Evangelical Lutheran Church are offering babysitting services during the first Saturday event from September to June. Call 301-663-6361 to sign up!
Frosty Friday in Downtown Frederick
Nov. 29th, 9 AM to 9 PM, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, and Frosty the Snowman, Scrooge, the Grinch, and Santa appear to liven up Christmas shopping in the Historic District.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Community Supported Art Party, First Saturday, 3-5 pm. Art Night, Thursday, Nov. 15.
- International Harp Ensemble Concert, Nov. 3, 2:30 pm, Frederick Presbyterian Church, 115 W Second St
- Bach Musical Performance, 3-5 pm, Nov. 2, Evangelical Lutheran Churcht. 35 E. Church Street
- Way Off Broadway, Mr. Clause, Nov. 22 – Dec 28. A Children’s Theatre Christmas Carol, Nov. 16 – Dec. 28.
- Maryland Ensemble Theater: The Importance of Being Ernest, The Santaland Diaries, Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!
- At the Weinberg: Allison Brown Quartet, The Piano Guys, Whose Line is It Anyway?, Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, Merry Tuba Christmas, Jason Crabb, and more.
- FCC Flute Choir Performance, Nov. 14, J.B. Kussmaul Theater, 7:30. Equinox Brass and Percussion, Nov. 21, 8 pm. The Spires At Christmas, Nov. 30.
- Handel’s Messiah, Nov. 23-24, Coffman Chapel, Hood College, Sat. 7:30, Sun. 3 pm.
For Frederick Kids
- Christmas Light Show, Adventure Park USA, Nov. 23 – Jan 5. Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 14.
- Earth & Space Science Lab, Perfect Little Planet, Nov. 7th, 12th, 21st, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 210 Madison St. Frederick, Md.
- Santa’s Arrival, Everedy Square and Shab Row, Nov. 29, 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Cocoa with Santa, Dec. 1, 1 pm to 4 pm. Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St. Frederick
- Kris Kringle Parade, Fri. Dec. 13, 6:30 pm.
- Santa Trains, Walkersville Southern Railroad, Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22
- Nightmare on Carroll Creek – Costume Party and Halloween Bach that benefits local non-profits, Nov. 2nd, 7 pm and Nov. 3 , 12 AM. Faux School, 21 and older, Tickets
- Neighborhood Toy Store Day – Saturday, Nov. 9, From 10 am to 9 pm Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, on Market Street in downtown Frederick is supporting 4 non-profits in Frederick, by giving customers $1 for every $10 spent for the donation jar of their choice.
- Trail Run for March of Dimes, Nov. 3, Gambrill State park.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
- Way Station Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, Baker Park, Nov. 28, 8 am.
- Annual Mission of Mercy Gala, Bubble Ball, Friday, November 1, 2013/6:30 PM – 11:00 PM, Holiday Inn and Conference Center, Frederick Md.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission welcomes food donations for Thanksgiving Dinner, as well as volunteers.
- First Friday Fundraiser, Top Shelf Tastings, at the Faux School, Nov. 1, 2013, Tequila Tasting, to co-benefit United Way of Frederick County.
For History Buffs:
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick. Friday’s and Saturday’s.
- Victorian Christmas, Brunswick Railroad Museum, Nov. 30 – Dec. 1.
- Winterfest: Arts & Crafts Market, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, Dates have not been announced.
Holiday Festivals Around Frederick County
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland – Christmas Light Show at Adventure Park USA, from Nov. 19 – Jan. 3. 301-865-6800
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Westview Promenade, Nov. 23, 5 – 8 pm. Storybook characters to pose with children, music, hot cocoa and its free.
- Santa Arrives at 7 pm sharp in a horse-drawn carriage at Everedy Square and Shab Row. Nov. 23.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Santa Train, Nov. 24, 25, Dec. 1-2, 8-9, 15. 301-898-0899
- Festival of Lights, Nov. 30, City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 1-2.
- Holiday Open House, Urbana Library, Dec. 7-8.
- Alpaca for the Holidays & Artisan Fair, Nov. 8-10, Sugarloaf Alpaca Co, LLC, 1347 Buckeystown Pk. Adamstown, MD
Veterans Day Celebrations
- The United States Army Band, Sat. Nov. 10, 7 pm @ the Weinberg Center.
- 81st Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 3, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 9th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Market St. and 2nd St. 1:30 pm and 1:59 pm
Maryland Christmas Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Nov. 22 – 24, 2013. Featuring 250 Echibitors
Consult the websites above for more wonderful Frederick events. If I missed anything, be sure to leave word in the comments, I’m happy to post your event. Times and dates are not guaranteed.
Thank you to those who contact me about events! I’m happy to pass along the news in my posts and on 365 Frederick’s Facebook page:)
Enjoy this busy month, Karen