It’s that favorite month again… Time for some October Fun in Frederick Md! There are activities galore to celebrate Fall.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for October’s First Saturday: Into the Night. The Halloween-lover’s event is this weekend, and there will be events for the whole family throughout downtown Frederick.
- For the Kids, Find Freddie’s Body Parts, Pumpkin painting, Pumpkin bowling,
- Haunted House at Federated Charities,
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Live Entertainment
- Live Music
- Sponsored by Hood College,
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Rikki Tikki Tavi, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Becca Stevens Band, Maceo Parker, Silent Film: The Kid Brother, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 72 hour film fest, Four Bitchin’ Babes Presents Mid Life Vices, Squirm Burpee: A Vaudevillian Melodrama, Second City for President, Ghostbusters plays on Halloween at 8 pm.
- Way Off Broadway, Disney’s Winnie the Pooh, The Music Man, The Campaign Caper – An Interactive Murder Mystery Event
- “Rumors” by the Fredericktowne Players at FCC’s Kusmaul Theatre.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Community Supported Art Party, First Saturday, 3-5 pm. Art Night, Thursday, Oct. 18.
- Autumn Hues Jazz Festival @ Cold Friday Vinyard, across from Elk Run Vinyard, Oct. 6 and 7th.
- Spires Brass Band, Jack B. Kussmaul Theater, Oct 13. Frederick Symphony Orchestra “Exotic Landscapes”, Oct. 27th.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Monthly Carillon Recital at Baker park on the first Sunday of the month, at 12:30
- The Great Frederick Flea Market, October 6, 8am-4pm, at Frederick Fairgrounds
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Saturday and Sunday, October 6 & 7, 2012
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. A Dinner Train Oct. 6th.
- Civil War Guided Bike and Hike Tour – Oct. 6, River and Trail Outfitters
- Catoctin Antique Gas Engine Show, Oct. 6 & 7th, Wolfsville Ruritan Community Park
- Reggae Wine Festival @ Linganore Winecellers, Oct. 20 & 21st.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Oct. 27th, 6-9 pm, Adventure Park USA
- Family Festival At The Farm, a Self-guided Farm Adventure, Oct, 20 & 21st.
- Fall Festival, Oct. 6 & 7, at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum also… Rose Hill Annual Carriage Drive, Oct. 21. And “Who Done It?” a live clue adventure, Oct. 26.
- Walk A Mile in Her Shoes – Oct. 6, Awarness and Fundraising Event fighting domestic Violence. Register at Heartly House Website.
- Walk to Stop Diabetes – Oct. 14, 8 am to 3 pm. Baker Park.
- Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk, Oct. 6, Baker Park
- Golftoberfest for Cystic Fibrosis, October 27th 2012 at Hollow Creek.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
For History Buffs:
- Lincoln Comes to Frederick, Oct. 4th, 4 pm, see the reenactment of Lincolns famous speech at the corner of Market and East All Saints Streets.
- Frederick Historical Society Book Club, every other Thursday, 7 pm. Frederick County History Museum. The Bjorlee Museum
- Barbara Fritchie in Popular Culture – Through Dec. 31, 2012, and many other events at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Civil War Walking Tour – Sept. 1 and 15, 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- Charity Afire Exhibit @ Seton Heritage in Emmitsburg, through December 31.
- War of 1812 Exhibit @ Roger Brooke Taney House, every Saturday through December 8.
- Civil War Walking Tour, Oct. 6 and 20, 11:00 AM
- The Smithsonian’s Traveling Exhibit “Journey Stories” will be at the Brunswick Railroad Museum’s Kaplon Building through Oct. 12.
- Murder and Mayhem Tours, Museum of Frederick County History, Fridays and Saturdays
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick.
- Octoberfest At Schifferstadt, Oct. 20 & 21st.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Downtown Frederick Progressive Dinner, Oct. 2.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Fall Festivals Galore!
- Pumpkin Festival, Oct. 13-14, Summers Farm
- Markoff’s Haunted Forest, 19120 Martinsburg Road, Dickerson, Md
- Mt. Airy Fall Festival, Main Street, October 6 – 7, 2012
- The Great Pumpkin Patch, Oct. 13 and 14, Old National District Pike Park, Mt. Airy
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 13 & 14th, Thurmont Community Park.
- Myersville Trolley Festival, Oct. 20 & 21st.
- Fort Ritchie Community Fall Craft & Car Show, Oct. 20.
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, downtown Middletown, Oct. 20.
- Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 24-26.
- Fall Harvest Festival, Oct. 27th & 28th, Murphy Farm Ijamsville, Md
Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes
- Summers Farm, 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, MD 21703
- Crumland Farm, North on Route 15, Mile Marker 17. Willow Road.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze, 13003 Creagerstown Road, Thurmont, Md
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md
- Mayne’s Tree Farm,3420 Buckeystown
- Gaver Tree Farm, 5501 Detrick Road, Mt. Airy, Md
Halloween Fun in Frederick Md
- Trick or Treat in downtown Frederick, Oct. 31
- Trick or Treat at Westview Promenade, Oct 27th.
- Brunswick Halloween Party, Square Corner Brunswick, Oct. 27th.
- Eveready Square Trick or Treat & Haunted House, Oct. 28.
♥ Enjoy October Fun in Frederick!
* * *
Search for Homes for Sale in Frederick Md