September is a busy month in Frederick Maryland, with lot of cultural and charity events to choose from. We’re finally getting a break from the heat as the weather cools to that pleasant Indian Summer temperature we Maryland folks love.
With all these activities ahead, there will be no excuse to hear, “Mom (honey), I’m bored.”
Events in the Historic District
- First Saturday is on September 3rd, and the weather will be gorgeous. The theme is “Rock Around the Block” with music from the 50’s from 5 live bands. Get out your poodle skirts, there’s a sock hop at the Courtyard at 46 S. Market Street.
- In the Street – A huge block party on September 10th. Light up the Creek on September 9th.
- The 5th annual Frederick Fashion Week is September 19th, at The Cultural Arts Center – 15 W. Patrick St. Frederick, MD 21701. More information at the Frederick Arts Council Website.
Frederick Md Charity Events
- BLUES FOR HOPE charity event benefiting the children of 9/11 victims. 5pm at Monkey La La Caribbean Lounge,9009A Baltimore Rd. Frederick MD 21704, (Under the Jug Bridge Seafood Restaurant).
- Sept. 25th, 2nd Annual Great Pumpkin Race to benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. 5K Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk. Held at Summers Farm, 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, MD 21703
Labor Day Events
- Crumland Farms will be the site of the “Rest Fest” Arts/Crafts and Concert Festival, on Monday September 5th. Over 50 artisans Food and Beverage vendors, kids activities. See details at the Morningtown Music Website.
The Great Frederick Fair
- The 149th Great Frederick Fair: Sept. 16-24, 2011. Frederick Fairgrounds. Musical entertainment, tractor pulls, equine expo and showcase, agricultural events, food, and Rides and more Rides.
Other Frederick County Community Events
- First Press Festivities at Distillery Lane Ciderworks, in Jefferson Md, with music, orchard tours and beekeeping demonstrations. Historian Troy Cool offers 30 minute talks on the area’s Civil War experiences at 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. September 2, Distillery Lane Ciderworks, 5533 Gapland Road, Jefferson, MD 21755 Contact: (301) 834-8920
- 7th Annual Potomac Street Mile Race, Sept 3. in Brunswick, 4-9 pm.
- Middletown Valley Historical Society Open House, Sept. 4,
Middletown Valley Historical Society
305 West Main Street
Middletown, MD 21769
- Middletown Heritage Festival, September 24, 10 am to 6 pm, downtown Middletown. Includes children’s activities and entertainment, living history, and of course, food.
9/11 Remembrance Ceremonies
- 2 pm, at the Square Corner in Brunswick
- 2 pm, Fort Ritchie Community Center,14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascade, MD 21719
I know I’ve probably missed some of the activities in Frederick County for September, so if you know of any, please help us out and leave a snippet about the event in the comments. (Or, just say hello, I love comments:)
Enjoy this beautiful weather while we have it:) Karen