Celebrating Frederick as the Summer Wains and the fun continues…
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for September’s First Saturday: Dog Days. The dog-lover’s event is this weekend, September 7th, and there will be music throughout downtown Frederick.
- Dog Costume Contest, with 3 different winners.
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Children’s Activities, Yappy Hour at the Creek,
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Five Alive The final Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
In the Street
Downtown Frederick, 9:30am-5pm, Sept. 14th. Like In the Street Facebook page for updates. See details at Celebrate Frederick
Market Street Mile, prior to In the Street, benefits Lincoln Elementary School’s track team.
Up The Creek Party, 5 pm to 9 pm, Carroll Creek Ampitheatre.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Complete Hollywood, Go Dog Go, The Comedy Pigs. The Ensemble School has Fall classes, starting Sept. 9.The Weinberg Center for The Arts: The Hungry Hungry Games Parody, King Peggy
- Way Off Broadway, Sunset Blvd, Pinkalicious the Musical
The Arts in Frederick
- Artomatic @ Frederick, Sept. 4 – Oct. 5. Art, music, theater, dance and more. 115 E. Church Street, Frederick.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 7, 3-5 pm.
- Music on the Terrace, lunchtime every Friday in Sept., Carroll Creek Amphitheater
- Serenity in the Garden: Exhibit by mary Weiss-Waldhorn at Unique Optique, 9 W. Patrick St., Frederick, Like Unique Optique Facebook page for updates.
- Art Show @ Lake Royer, former Fort Ritchie Army Base, Cascade Md, Sept, 7 and 8.
- Nunsense, performed at Frederick Community College, Sept. 27 through Oct. 7, Fredericktown Players.
- Art At The Point, Family arts and music Festival, Point of Rocks, Sept. 28.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 6-8, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 6-8. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
- Sunset on the Mountain, Fort Ritchie, Sept. 21st.
- National Alpaca Farm Weekend, Sept. 28-29, Sugarloaf Alpaca Farm, Adamstown.
For Frederick Kids
- Fort Ritchie Pet Fest with prizes, Fort Ritchie Community Center, Sept. 7, 1 to 3 pm.
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. Including a Civil War Reenactors Train, Jesse James and more.
- Frist Friday Fun, children’s events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum
- First Friday in Frederick @ Top-Shelf Tastings, Sept. 6, 7:30-10 pm. @ The Faux School, 35 S. Carroll St, Frederick. Sept. 6h – Seven Single Malt Scotches. Order tickets at their website. This event will co-benefit Frederick’s Interfaith Housing Alliance.
- Zoo-la-la, Fundraiser for Catoctin Wildlife Preserve, Sept. 7, at the Faux School.
- Frederick 48, Fundraiser, a collaborative effort that raises funds for several community non-profits. Sept. 26-27.
For History Buffs:
- From Fibers to Fashion, exhibit at Frederick County History Museum.
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays, 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- Charity Afire Exhibit @ Seton Heritage in Emmitsburg, through December 31.
- Tipplers and Teetotalers, exhibit at the Brunswick Railroad Museum this through the end of the year.
9/11 Remembrance Ceremony
- The Brunswick 9/11 Tribute will be held at the Brunswick Volunteer Fire Company, Wed. Sept. 11th at 10 am.
- To learn about the 9/11 Memorial of Maryland and donate.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Farm to Fork Frederick – Locally sourced menues around Frederick, through Sept 2.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays. Thurmont Carival Grounds
- South Mountain Creamery Tours – 8305 Bolivar Rd. Middletown, MD 21769
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Let the Fall Festivals Begin!
- Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Lawyer’s Corn Maze
- Summers Farm Annual Great Pumpkin Race, Sept. 29
- Green Meadows Farm
- Crumland Farms
The Great Frederick Fair
September 13-21, The 151st Great Frederick Fair!
Enjoy Indian Summer♥ in Frederick!
Middletown Dream Home Raffle, home value is $475,000, Proceeds go to Middletown High School Sports, When will the drawing take place?
September 13th at 7:30 PM Hollow Creek Golf Club, Middletown, MD
* * *