Things to Do in Frederick November 2104
As the weather gets chili, it’s serves as a reminder… LESS THAN 55 DAYS LEFT!! Let the Holiday Festivities begin in Frederick Md! [click to tweet!]
First Saturday in Frederick
This coming Saturday, Nov. 1st, is themed “Holiday Open House” features an evening of carriage rides (4-9 pm), food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. From 3 pm to 9 pm. (see the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website for details)
Frederick Md Christmas Show
The Frederick Maryland Christmas Show will be at the Frederick Fairgrounds on W. Patrick Street, November 22-24, and 29-Dec. 1, 2013. Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. FYI – Adults are $7, Children are $4, and parking is $2.
Frosty Friday in Downtown Frederick
Nov. 28th, 9 AM to 9 PM, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, and Frosty the Snowman, Scrooge, the Grinch, and Santa appear to liven up Christmas shopping in the Historic District.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop-In Art Session, First Saturday, 3-5 pm. Holiday Art Competition, Dec. 3.
- Winter Concert Series, National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Nov. 11, Dec. 6,20,13.
- Annual Holiday Ceramics Sale & Fundraiser, FCC, Dec. 3-4
- Soul to Soul: A Gospel Music Extraveganza to Build Bridges Across the Community, Frederick Chorale, Nov. 14-16, Evangelical Reformed Church of Christ. 15 W. Church Street
- Way Off Broadway, 20th Anniversary Review, Nov. 22 – Dec 28. Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, through Nov. 8., It’s Christmas, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Saturday afternoons, 2nd and 4th Sundays, Nov. 22 – Dec. 27.
- Maryland Ensemble Theater: Twelfth Night, Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells!
- At the Weinberg: Parker Millsap, ImPerfect Dancers C. & Company E: Anne Frank, A Life in the Shadows, Voca People, Red Green’s How to Do Everything Tour, Golden Dragon Acrobats, Merry Tuba Christmas, and more.
- FCC Theater: Some Girls, All Things Bright and Beautiful, Cloverton Concert, Flute Choir Performance, J.B. Kussmaul Theater, The Spires Brass Band At Christmas, Dec. 6.
- Handel’s Messiah, Nov. 22-23, Coffman Chapel, Hood College, Sat., Sun.
- Valley Craft Network, A tour of 10 Artists Studios, Nov. 22-23. Middletown Valley.
For Frederick Kids
- Book@ The Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Park – A new American Girl Addy story each month. 301-600-2743. 4th Sundays.
- November Food Drive, Adventure Park USA, Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 13.
- Earth & Space Science Lab, Laser Light Show, Nov. 1, 3, 4, 210 Madison St. Frederick, Md.
- Santa’s Arrival, Everedy Square and Shab Row, Nov. 28, 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Festival of Trees, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St. Frederick
- Kris Kringle Procession, Fri. Dec. 12, 6:30 pm.
- Santa Trains, Walkersville Southern Railroad, Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22
- Frederick Light the Night Walk, Nov. 1, Baker Park, Walk to end Cancer.
- Zoo-La-La, Fashion Show to raise $ for Catoctin Zoo. Nov. 15, 7 to 10 pm.
- Neighborhood Toy Store Day – Saturday, Nov. 8, From 10 am to 9 pm Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, on Market Street in downtown Frederick is supporting 4 non-profits in Frederick, by giving customers $1 for every $10 spent for the donation jar of their choice.
- The Great Grape Race @ Detour Winery, Sunday, Nov. 2nd 3 pm. Keymar Md, 5K trail run/walk followed by a tasting, benefits March of Dimes. Register here.
- A Celebration of Life, Benefits Meals on Wheels, Nov. 8th, $50. William Taney Rec Center, Baker Park.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
- Way Station Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, Baker Park, Nov. 27, 8 am.
- Annual Mission of Mercy Gala, Bubble Ball, Friday, November 7, Featuring Doc Scantlin! 6:30 PM – 11:00 PM, Holiday Inn and Conference Center, Frederick Md.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission welcomes food donations for Thanksgiving Dinner, as well as volunteers.
For History Buffs:
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick. Friday’s and Saturday’s.
- “Huzza for Liberty”, Artillery salutes the end of slavery in Maryland, Nov. 1, Visitor Center Thomas Farm.
- Civil War in Middletown, Nov. 18, Christ Reformed Church Chapel.
- Victorian Christmas, Brunswick Heritage Museum, Nov. 29 – 30.
- Feast at the Furnace, Collier’s Log House, Nov. 8.
- Lecture: Writing Historical Fiction, Museum of Frederick County History, Nov. 13, 7 pm.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Nov. 16, Elk Lodge #684
Holiday Festivals Around Frederick County
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Westview Promenade, Nov. 21, 5 – 8 pm. Storybook characters to pose with children, music, hot cocoa and its free.
- Santa Arrives at 7 pm sharp in a horse-drawn carriage at Everedy Square and Shab Row. Nov. 23.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Santa Train, Nov. 29, 30, Dec. 6, 7, 13-14, 20-21. 301-898-0899
- Festival of Lights, Dec. 5th, City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 6-7.
Veterans Day Celebrations
- 82nd Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 2, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 10th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Market St. and 2nd St. 10:30 pm and 10:59 pm. 301-694-0829
Maryland Christmas Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Nov. 21 – 23, and Nov. 28, 29, and 30, 2014. Featuring 250 Exibitors
FALL FESTIVALS (in a previous post)
Consult the websites above for more wonderful Frederick events. If I missed anything, be sure to leave word in the comments, I’m happy to post your event. Times and dates are not guaranteed.
Thank you to those who contact me about events! I’m happy to pass along the news in my posts and on 365 Frederick’s Facebook Page🙂
If you have any events that we’ve missed, please feel free to add them in the comments! (thanks in advance, and thankyou for any corrections as well:)