It’s Vegas Night in Frederick during First Saturday, coming up March 1st. First Saturday events are a great time to get out and explore the Historic District, or downtown Frederick.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for March’s First Saturday is “Vegas Night”, with a progressive game of 21. With each purchase, shoppers get a card at all the participating merchants. At the end of the night there is a chance to win prizes. There will be merchant-hosted games as well. Lasts from 4 to 9 pm.
Some of the fun events:
- Games of chance and discounts at various shops
- Celebrity impersonators.
- Live Music in several locations
- Trolley Rides
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Did you know you can participate in the downtown social media sphere on Twitter and Instagram? use @DwntwnFrederick and #FredFirstSat
March Events in Frederick
- The Home Show, Presented by the Frederick County Builder’s Association, March 15 and 16 @ The Frederick Fairgrounds.
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for March, The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild, Snarky Puppy, Comedy and Magic Spectacular, Rosanne Cash with John Levanthal… and The Great American Festival – 2 days 5 bands.
- March at Maryland Ensemble Theatre Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf, The Comedy Pigs, The Commedia Princess and the Pea, RetroProm.
- Way off Broadway Dinner Theater The Sound of Music, and Tilly the Trickster.
- The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center has several exhibits and workshops in March.
- Catoctin Furnace Historical Society “Feast At the Furnace” – March 29, 6:30 PM, Auburn House, Thurmont, Md.
- Phyllis and Ardine Gorden String Concert @ Hood College, Mar. 2. 3 pm.
- An Afternoon With Jennifer Waters, Soprano, March 23, 3 pm. Grace United Church of Christ, 25 E. 2nd St., Frederick with Maryland Concert Opera
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, Forces of Destiny, and Sense and Sensability, March 8, 8 pm, Frederick Community College
- Mount Vernon Brass Quintet, Mar. 9, Frederick Community College.
- A Triple Treat, March 15, Frederick Community College
For the Kids
- Tot Swap Children’s Consignment Sale, Frederick Fair Grounds, March 19-23rd.
- Breakfast with the Princesses, Sat. Mar. 8, 8 am – 10 am, Adventure Park USA
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Frederick County Public Libraries have many events for children. Check out their events calendar.
- 44th Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – March 8 ,9, & 15, 16 at The William Houck area at Cunningham Falls State Park. (301) 271-7574. (informative and fun, games, stories and crafts, pancake and sausage breakfast from 9:30 to 2 pm) Friends of Cunningham Falls State Park & Gambrill State Park
- Ausherman Planetarium – “Two Small Pieces of Glass”, Mar. 6, “A Planet for Goldilocks”, Mar. 11, 20, 25
- Civil War Life: A Children’s Program, Urbana Regional Library, March 16.
- Treasured Heirloom Event – Sat. Mar. 15, 9 am to 3 pm, Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center, Fundraising Event
- There are ongoing history lectures from the Historical Society of Frederick County. Learn more on their website.
- Breakaway 5K Run. March 8, 2012 in Baker Park. Proceeds to Hartly House.
- 80’s Retro 5K Run. March 1, 10 am. Eventplex at Frederick Fair Gounds, 797 E. Patrick St. Proceeds to Special Olympics.
- The 15th Annual Catoctin Affair to support the Mental Health Association of Frederick County, April 12, 6:30 – 11:30, Holiday Inn Grand Ballroom.
- From One to Another Restyle Consignment Sale March 6-9, Frederick Fair Grounds
- Clutch the Future – Benefit for the Women to Women Mentoring Program and FCC Scholarships, April 5th,
- Road Race Runner 2014 5K Events throughout Maryland
- Trees 4 Children Fundraising Event/Open House, supporting a program for the Nyumbani Village in Kenya, March 8, Fox Haven Farm.
- Urbana High School Art Show & Reception, Frederick Business Factory, 801 N. East St., Suite 6A, March 29, 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Frederick Rescue Mission 3rd Annual Dan Ryan Builders 10 Miler, Sunday, March 30, 2 pm.
For the Foodies in Frederick:
- Frederick Restaurant Week – Monday through Sunday, March 3 – 9 is Frederick Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants are offering special meals at special prices; its a great time to try out that new restaurant you’ve been wondering about, or visit your favorite. See the website for details.
- Pot of Gold St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl @ Downtown Frederick Pubs, March 17, 1 to 7 pm.
- Leprechaun Luau – March 8th, 4-8, Frederick Fairgrounds
Women Fly It Forward @ Frederick Airport,
March 8. This event is for women and girls who are curious about flying. Call for more information, 301-600-2201. Or see the website.
Business in Frederick
Start-Up Day @ Cowork Frederick – This monthly series will launch on March 19, 2014. from 3 pm to 6 pm. Education, consultation and networking opportunities aimed at providing support to new and existing business owners. Visit Cowork Frederick website for details.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments!