Fall Is Here! October in Frederick Md
It’s the favorite month for kids of all ages… October in Frederick includes Trick or Treat fun, Pumpkin patches, corn mazes and lots of frightening fun.
First Saturday in the Historic District
- For the Kids, Pumpkin painting & Arts & Crafts
- Farmers Market Festival
- Art Demonstrations
- Live Music several places downtown starting at 10 am.
- Special Sales
- Gallery Openings
- Downtown Hayrides
Bring can goods to donate to the Harvest Bounty food drive, drop off at 30 N. Market Street. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Clybourne Park, Stellaluna, The Last Hurrah, Twelfth Night, now registering for Fall Ensemble School.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: An Evening with the Manhattans, 72-Hour Film Fest, Kevin James, Spank! The 50 Shades Parody, Vienna Boys Choir, Nosferatu (Oct. 31), and more.
- Way Off Broadway, Annie Get Your Gun, Alice in Wonderland Jr.
- Fredericktowne Players: Lucky Stiff
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Community Supported Art Party, First Saturday, 3-5 pm.
- An Evening of /classical Violin and Piano, Breezin’ Down Broadway, The Gray Guitar Duo, The Ahn Trio, The Frederick Shymphony Orchestra, FCC Kussmaul Theater
- All-American Concert, Oct. 26, Calvary United Methodist Church
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Monthly Carillon Recital at Baker park on the first & third Sunday of the month, at 12:30
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. A Dinner Train Oct. 5th. Ghost Trains.
- Mt. Airy Fall Festival, Oct. 4-5, Mt. Airy Carnival Grounds
- Art at the Point, A family outdoor art festival, Sept. 27, Point of Rocks
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Oct. 4-5, Downtown Brunswick
- Rose Hill Manor Park Fall Festival, Oct. 4-5, Crafts, farm exhibits and more.
- Fallfest at Catoctin Furnace, Oct. 10 – 11, 12607 Catoctin Furnace Rd.
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 11 & 12th, Thurmont Community Park
- Alpaca Fiber and Artisan Fair, Oct. 11 – 13, Sugarloaf Alpaca Company
- Oktoberfest at Shifferstadt, Oct. 18-19
- South Mountain Creamery Fall Festival, Oct. 18-19
- Myersville Trolley & Bluegrass Festival, Oct. 18th, 7 – 4 pm.
- Fort Ritchie Community Fall Craft & Car Show, Sept. 6th, 9 am to 3 pm. Fort Ritchie Community Center, 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascade Md
- 12th Annual Urbana Indoor Art & Craft Show, Oct. 25, Urbana Fire Hall
- Frederick Wineries have many outdoor Fall events! Check out Linganore Winecellars, Elk Run Vineyards, Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
- Convoy of Hope – Facebook page, for news of free screenings and checkups, and services!
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Down Right Specatcular Car Show, Down Syndrome Awarness Event, Oct. 5th, Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick.
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes, Oct. 12, Baker Park.
- The 17th An Evening on the Riviera, Benefits YMCA children’s programs and Heartly House, Oct. 3, Frederick Fair Grounds
- Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk, Oct. 4, Baker Park
- Pink Ribbon Gala, Oct. 18, Colonial Jewelers
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Oct. 19, Maryland School for the Deaf.
- Mud Dog Run – Zombie Edition 2014, Oct. 4, Crumland Farms 5K – Raising funds for Lifetime Wells for Ghana
- Sophie and Madigan’s Pirate and PRincess 5K and Fun Run, Oct. 18, Baker Park.
- The Great Grape Race 5K, Distillery Lane Ciderworks, Jefferson Md, March of Dimes
- 6th Annual Headless Horseman 5K and 1K Race and Fun Run– Oct. 25, Frederick High School
- Golftoberfest for Cystic Fibrosis, October 24th at Hollow Creek.
- Walk & Wag, Oct. 18, Ballenger Creek Park. Hosted by The Frederick County Humane Society
- Frederick Rescue Mission – Yard Sale on Oct. 18, 8 am to noon. Produce Food Drop Oct. 14th 11:30 am. First Annual Faith House Fundraising Dinner at Dutch’s Daughter, Oct. 22nd 7 pm.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar Gazette.net
For History Buffs:
- Goods from the Hearth – Oct. 26, and many other events at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Charity Afire Exhibit @ Seton Heritage in Emmitsburg, through December 31.
- Civil War Walking Tour, downtown Frederick. Oct. 4, 18th.
- Murder and Mayhem Tours, Museum of Frederick County History, Fridays and Saturdays, Living History – Slave Life, and many more events.
- Candlelight Cemetary Tours, downtown Frederick.
- Oktoberfest At Schifferstadt, Oct. 18 & 19.
- Battlefield Hikes at Monocacy Battlefield, Oct. 19
For Frederick Foodies:
- Downtown Cooking School: Oct. 11 & 12, tickets benefit Downtown Frederick Partnership, Course Listings and Registration
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Fall Festivals Galore! Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes
- Summers Farm , 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, Sept. 2 – Nov. 4
- The Great Pumpkin Race & Fun Run, Sept. 28, Summers Farm, Butterfly Lane
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, downtown Middletown, Oct. 18.
- The Great Pumpkin Patch, Oct. 11-12, 12406 Old National Pike, Mt. Airy
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival, through November 3
- Crumland Farm, Sept. 27 – Nov. 1 Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Zombie Paintball on Saturdays, North on Route 15, Mile Marker 17. Willow Road.
- Screamland Farms, Fridays & Saturdays Sept. 26 – Nov. 1st. 7 pm.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze, Dept. 20 – Nov. 2, 13003 Creagerstown Road, Thurmont, Md
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md
- Mayne’s Tree Farm,3420 Buckeystown
- Green Meadows Farm, Ijamsville Md
- 6th Annual Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 24.
- Not-S0-Scary Family Halloween Party, Adventure Park USA, Oct. 25
- Harpers Scary Haunted Hayride & Zipline Tour, Oct. 24-26, 31, Harpers Ferry Adventure Center
- Ghost Train, Oct. 25, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Halloween Trick or Treat, Westview Promenade, Oct. 25
- Halloween Trick or Treat in Downtown Frederick, Oct. 26
- Trick or Treat through History, Oct. 31, Rose Hill Manor Park
- Laser Light Shows, Oct. 30-21, Earth and Space Science Lab. 240-236,2694
- Murder Mystery Costume Dinner Train, Oct. 31, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
♥ Enjoy October Fun in Frederick!