As November 1 approaches, it’s a reminder… 55 DAYS LEFT!! Let the Holiday Festivities begin in Frederick Md!
First Saturday in Frederick
This coming Saturday, Nov. 7th, is themed “Holiday Open House”. It features an evening of carriage rides in downtown Frederick, food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. (see the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website for details)
Frederick Md Christmas Show
The Frederick Maryland Christmas Show will be at the Frederick Fairgrounds on W. Patrick Street, November 20-22, and 27-29, 2015. Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. FYI – Adults are $8, Children are $4, and parking is $2.
Frosty Friday in Downtown Frederick
Nov. 27th, 9 AM to 9 PM, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, and Frosty the Snowman, Scrooge, the Grinch, and Santa appear to liven up Christmas shopping in the Historic District.
The City Club Social Series, Contra-Dancing in Downtown Frederick, Nov. 8, 3 pm – 5:30 pm. Tickets.
Vote: Help Bring Free, Live Music to Downtown Frederick
Vote for the local Levitt AMP to receive a great award of up to $25,000 in matching funds to produce an outdoor concert series here in Downtown Frederick in 2016. Voting ends November 30. Vote Here.
Small Business Saturday
November 28 the Downtown Frederick Partnership supports small businesses, join the Shop Small movement in downtown Frederick.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop-In Art Session, First Saturday, 3-5 pm.
- Christmas with the Frederick Chorale, Guests, the Azimuth String Quartet, Dec 5, 6, 7.
- Way Off Broadway, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Great Elf Adventure. Coming: The Magic of Christmas.
- Maryland Ensemble Theater: Frankenstein, Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! The Comedy Pics. Coming in December, The Gifts of the Magi, A Christmas Carol.
- At the Weinberg: The Bria Skonberg Quintet, Burlesque to Broadway, Phil Vassar: The 99.9 WFRE Anniversary Concert, U.S. Air Force Concert Band, Mike Farris & The Roseland Rhythm Revue, Livingston Taylor and Tom Chapin, Quinn Sullivan, Billy Collinds & Aimee Mann, Peppa Pig Live!, Tuba Christmas, Weinberg Winterfest, and more.
- FCC: An Art-Full Evening, New Lunch time recital series, A Charlie Brown Christmas, 100 Years of Sinatra.
- Handel’s Messiah, Nov. 21-22, Coffman Chapel, Hood College, also National Juried Ceramic Exhibition. Jazz Ensemble Fall Concert, Dec. 2nd.
- 34th Annual Valley Craft Network Studio Tour, A tour of 10 Artists Studios, Nov. 21-22. Middletown Valley. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Frederick Department of Art Open House, Nov. 27 and 28, 2 – 4 pm. 26 W. All Saints Street. Blacksmithing and coppersmithing demos.
For Frederick Kids
- Adventure Park USA, Breakfast with Santa, Dec. 12.
- Earth & Space Science Lab, Laser Light Show, through Nov. 11, 210 Madison St. Frederick, Md.
- Santa’s Arrival, Everedy Square and Shab Row, Nov. 27, 7 – 9 pm.
- Festival of Trees, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St. Frederick
- Kris Kringle Procession, Fri. Dec. 11, 6:30 pm.
- Santa Trains, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Other People’s Stuff – Liquidation Sale. Save up to 50%, support Tara’s House, November 6, 7, and 8. Check out the Facebook Event for details.
- Frederick Light the Night Walk, Nov. 7, Baker Park, Walk to end Cancer.
- Neighborhood Toy Store Day – Sat, Nov. 14, From 10 am to 9 pm Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, on Patrick Street in downtown Frederick.
- Lawyer’s Farm Fall Fundraiser, Benefits American Cancer Society and Relay for Life, Nov. 11th, 11 am to 7 pm.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
- Way Station Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, Baker Park, Nov. 26, 7:45 am.
- Annual Mission of Mercy Gala, Bubble Ball, Sat, November 7, 6:30 PM – 11:30 PM, Holiday Inn and Conference Center, Frederick Md.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission welcomes food donations for Thanksgiving Dinner, as well as volunteers.
For History Buffs:
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick. Friday’s and Saturday’s.
- Goods From the Hearth, 18th and 19th Century Hearth cooking demonstration, Roger Brooke Taney House, Nov. 7, 10 AM – 4 PM
- Repudiation Act Celebration, Sat. Nov. 21, Frederick City Hall, 12 – 3 pm. 250th anniversary.
- Festival of the Trees, Nov. 27, 28, 29 10 am to 4 pm, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St.
- Christmas Sale in Middletown, Nov. 18, Christ Reformed Church Chapel. Also, Program on Civil War Music, Nov. 18.
- Homefront Holidays, Brunswick Heritage Museum, Nov. 28 – 29.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Nov. 21-22, Elk Lodge #684
Holiday Festivals Around Frederick County
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Westview Promenade, Nov. 21, 5 – 8 pm. Storybook characters to pose with children, music, hot cocoa and its free.
- Santa Arrives at 7 pm sharp in a horse-drawn carriage at Everedy Square and Shab Row. Nov. 23.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Santa Train, Nov. 29, 30, Dec. 6, 7, 13-14, 20-21. 301-898-0899
- Festival of Lights, Dec. 5th, City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 6-7.
Veterans Day Celebrations
- Veteran’s Day Concert, Museum of Frederick County History, Nov. 7, 7:30-8:30 PM. call 301-663-1188.
- 83rd Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 8, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 10th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Market St. and 2nd St. 10:40 pm and 11:00 pm. 301-694-0829
Consult the websites above for more wonderful Frederick events. If I missed anything, be sure to leave word in the comments, I’m happy to post your event. Times and dates are not guaranteed.
Thank you to those who contact me about events! I’m happy to pass along the news in my posts and on 365 Frederick’s Facebook Page