February ♥ in Frederick Md 2016
This year February in Frederick Md will be cold enough to make First Saturday perfect for some ice sculptures!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for February’s First Saturday (Feb. 6th) is “Fire In Ice”, a favorite First Saturday, with dozens of ice sculptures sponsored by downtown merchants, Downtown Frederick Partnership, Big Cork Vineyards, Elliott CPA and Elliott Marketing Solutions. from 3 to 9 pm. Some of the fun events:
- Ice Throne and Playground on the Creek (by La Paz)
- Live ice carving demonstration
- Fire Dancers
- S’mores and Hot Cocoa
- Live Music on several corners
- Gallery exhibit openings (Starting First Friday’s)
- and more…More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for February, Frederick Speaker Series – Daniel Pink, Juanito Pascual New Flamenco Trio, Mandolin Orange, Two Cellos, Frederick Music Showcase, Vol. 2, Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild, Swimming in Dark Waters: Other Voices of the American Experience, Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood: Two Man Group, and more.
- The American Conservation Film Festival presents its 1st: Best of Fest of 2016, Feb. 6 at the Weinberg. Read more and get Tickets.
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre Stupid F%$#ing Bird, The Last Hurrah, The Arsonist, The Comedy Pigs, James and the Giant Peach, Starting Feb. 8 The Ensemble School Winter/Spring Session, acting and improv classes.
- Anything Goes @ Way Off Broadway, 5 Willowtree Dr. Frederick, Also, Junie B. Jones
- Crimes of the Heart, Frederick Community College, Goodloe Byron, Varieties of Explosion.
- I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change; (not for children), The Performing Arts Factory. Other Voices Theatre, Acting Classes, Dance and Voice Classes.
- Drop-In Art Activity, Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Feb 6.
- History Lover’s Dinner, The Wine Kitchen, Feb. 8th, 6 pm – 9 pm.
- Civil War Discussions, Throughout Feb,. National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E. Patrick Street, plus other exhibits.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Feb. 21-22nd, May 20-22, Nov. 21-22. Elk Lodge, 289 Willowdale Dr.
- Antique Tractor Club Annual Toy Auction and Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Feb. 13-14.
- Frederick County Society of Model Engineers Open House, Feb. 7, 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Frederick County Daddy Daughter Dance, Feb. 6th, Frederick County Fairgrounds, 301-600-2983
- Earth & Space Science Laboratory, Planetarium Shows: Sunstruck. 210 Madison St. Frederick
- Breakfast with Princesses, Feb. 6th at Adventure Park USA. Family Fun Fridays.
- See all the Children’s Activities at Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, 15 E. Patrick St. Feb 2016.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
- Chinese New Year Celebration, Urbana Public Library, Sat. Feb. 7, 9 am.
- 7th Annual Brunswick St. Jude Bass Tournament, Feb. 6th.
- Bets 4 Pets Casino Night, Feb. 27, 7 pm to 11 pm, Woodsboro American Legion, proceeds support Spay/neuter of feral cats in Frederick County.
- Many non-profit events from around the area are listed on 106.9 the Eagle Community Events Page.
Dining Out in Frederick:
- History Lover’s Dinner, The Wine Kitchen, Feb. 9th, 6 pm – 9 pm.Downtown Cooking School – Sat. Feb. 20 & Sun. Feb. 21. Several downtown restaurants participate, benefits Downtown Frederick Partnership. Information and tickets here.
- Sweetheart Special Dinner Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Special Valentine’s Day Menus at several local restaurants.
- Frederick Magazine’s Best-of Bash, Frederick Fairgrounds, February 27th. starts 10 am.
Frederick Wine Trail:
- Maryland Wine Passport Experience, Various Wineries in Frederick County.
- Linganore Wine Cellars: Barrel Tasting, Feb. 6th, Days of Wine and Roses. Wine and Chocolate all month.
- Black Ankle Vineyards: Tastings and Member Events
- Elk Run Vineyard: Valentine Wine Tasting, Wine and Chocolate
Celebrating Valentines Day ♥
- Valentine Bingo, C. Burr Artz Public Library, 2:00 to 3:30 pm. See Lots of events at the Public Library.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!