February ♥ in Frederick Md 2017
The best First Saturday Ever! If you love ice sculptures!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for February’s First Saturday (Feb. 4th) is “Fire In Ice”, my favorite First Saturday, with over 70 ice sculptures sponsored by downtown merchants, Downtown Frederick Partnership, Big Cork Vineyards, Elliott CPA and Elliott Marketing Solutions. from 3 to 9 pm.
Some of the fun events:
- Ice Throne and Playground on the Creek (by La Paz)
- Live ice carving demonstration
- Hot air balloon demonstration
- Fire Performances
- S’mores and Hot Cocoa
- Live Music on several corners
- Gallery exhibit openings
- and more…More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for February, Liz Vice, Arlo Guthrie, We Banjo 3, Teelin Irish Dance Company, Sara Evans, Frederick Music Showcase, Cory Henry & the Funk Apostles, American Conservation Film Festival – Best of the Fest 2017, Disney’s Choo-Choo Soul with Genevieve, and more. Frederick Speaker Series – Elizabeth Smart
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre Top Girls, A Tale of Two Trolls, Starting Feb. 12 The Ensemble School Winter/Spring Session, acting and improv classes.
- Pirates of Penzance @ Way Off Broadway, Also, The Little Mermaid
- Bells are Ringing, Frederick Community College, An American Quilt, Percussion Day, Tuesday Lunchtime Recital Series, and more.
- Roald Dahls’s Willy Wonka the Musical, pre-show dinner on the 4th and brunch on the 5th, The Performing Arts Factory. Other Voices Theatre, Acting Classes, Dance and Voice Classes.
- Drop-In Art Activity, Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Feb 4.
- Mercy Street Viewing Parties, Flying Dog Pop Up, African American Civil War Surgeons. Civil War Discussions, Throughout Feb,. National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E. Patrick Street, plus other exhibits.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Feb. 4th & 5th, Elk Lodge, 289 Willowdale Dr.
- Antique Tractor Club Annual Toy Auction and Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Feb. 11-12.
- Frederick County Society of Model Engineers Open House, Feb. 5, 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Frederick County Daddy Daughter Dance, Feb. 3rd and 4th, Frederick County Fairgrounds, 301-600-2983
- Earth & Space Science Laboratory, Feb. 7 and 9th, Space Week in Planetarium Shows: Black Holes, Extreme Planets, Wildest Weather in the Solar System, and A Planet for Goldilocks. 210 Madison St. Frederick
- Breakfast with Princesses, Feb. 11th at Adventure Park USA. Family Fun Fridays, Presidents Day.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
Flux Reception, Student Design Competition, Feb. 4th, CoWork Frederick, 3 pm to 7 pm.
- 7th Annual Brunswick St. Jude Bass Tournament, Feb. 4th.
Lonely Hearts Rescue ~ Valentine’s Dinner/Dance, Feb. 10, 7 – 11 pm. Dutch’s Daughter. Supports Lonely Hearts Animal Rescue.
- Many non-profit events from around the area are listed on 106.9 the Eagle Community Events Page.
Dining Out in Frederick:
- Sweetheart Special Dinner Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Special Valentine’s Day Menus at several local restaurants.
- Frederick Magazine’s Best-of Bash, February 25th. starts 10 am.
Frederick Wine Trail:
- Maryland Wine Passport Experience, Various Wineries in Frederick County.
- Linganore Wine Cellars: Barrel Tasting, Days of Wine and Roses. Wine and Chocolate all month.
- Black Ankle Vineyards: Tastings and Member Events
- Elk Run Vineyard: Valentine Wine Tasting, Wine and Chocolate
Celebrating Valentines Day ♥
- Valentine Activies, C. Burr Artz Public Library, 2:00 to 3:30 pm. See Lots of events at the Public Library.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments!