February ♥ in Frederick Md
February is a short month…but we’re not short on fun things to do in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for February’s First Saturday (Feb. 4th) is “Fire In Ice”, my favorite First Saturday, with over 30 beautiful ice sculptures sponsored by downtown merchants. The Evangelical Lutheran Church, 31 E Church will offer babysitting services in the Schaeffer Center from 6—10pm for a flat price of $10 per child. They are raising money for their youth group’s summer trip to the National Youth Gathering. Some of the fun events:
- Live ice carving demonstrations
- Interactive ice playground for the kids
- Marshmallow roasting stations Hot Chocolate
- Live Music on several corners
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Here’s the video I put together of last year’s event: Enjoy:)
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for February, The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will play this month:)
- February means comedy at Maryland Ensemble Theatre The MET has 12-week theater and film classes for adults or children that start Feb. 6
- Art Select at The Cultural Arts Center, 15 W. Patrick Street. An art lottery to benefit Frederick Festival of the Arts.
- Improv with the Stars @ the Cultural Arts Center, 8 pm Feb. 3rd. Comedy with local celebrities: Stephen Parnes, Bob Miller, Delegate Kelly Shulz, Alderman Michael O’Connor, Rick Weldon.
February is Black History Month
- The Monocacy Battlefield Visitor Center will have an exhibit all month on slavery in Frederick County.
- National Archives will have several films and exhibits.
- Discover Ellington Festival at the Strathmore
For the Kids
- Daddy-Daughter Dance Feb. 4th 6-8:30 pm at the Frederick Fairgrounds, 797 E. Patrick St.
- Hello Kitty! Breakfast at Adventure Park USA. Feb 11.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
- Frederick Literacy Council will host the Read-A-Thon Party at the C.Burr Artz public Library, Feb. 11, 10:30 AM to 4 PM.
- The Frederick Women’s Civic Club will have the 51st Annual Mardi Gras Ball, February 25, Frederick Holiday Inn. Rock & Roll Relics will play, proceeds go to Mission of Mercy
Dining Out in Frederick:
- The Winter Progressive Dinner – Tuesday, February 28, 2012 from 6pm-10pm. Cellar Door, the Orchard, Olive’s and the Wine Kitchen, $90.
- Special Valentine’s Day Menus at several local restaurants.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!