First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for June’s First Saturday: I Art Frederick. The Frederick Festival of the Arts is this weekend, and there will be artistic events throughout town.
- Two Interactive Art Projects
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Local plein-air painters in Downtown Frederick
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
- Chriswell Fiat Test Drive! around the Historic District
- British cars from the Clustered Spires British Car Club of Frederick
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Five Alive Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held the second, third and fourth Thursday of each month, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and take place from 5-8pm.
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays 11 am, Sundays 1:30 pm. Museum of Frederick County History
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Comedy Pigs, Heidi, and Summer Camps for Children
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Frederick Film Festival, June 23 -24. Flying Dog Happy Hour and Jaws June 27, 6:30.
- Footloose playing at Way Off Broadway,
The Arts in Frederick
- The 19th Annual Festival of the Arts, along Carroll Creek in Downtown Frederick, June 2-3.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 2, 3-5 pm.
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday evenings @ 7 pm.
- 27th Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, Fri June 15 to Sun June 17.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, JB Kussmaul Theater at FCC, June 16, 8 pm.
- Brunswick Crossing Summer Concert Series June 16.
- Easels in Frederick, June 20 – 24, 2012 in Downtown Frederick
- Urbana Music Festival, June 23, Urbana Regional Library & The Villages of Urbana. 301-600-1629
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Jr. Ranger Day at Monocacy Battlefield, June 2, 301-662-3515
- International Learn to Fly Day at Frederick Municipal Airport, June 2, 301-695-2000
- 5th Annual Downhill Mile Race-Saturday, June 9, 2012, 5 pm.
- Frederick Keys “Bark in the Park” – June 4
- 6th Annual Frederick Barnstormers Tour, June 9.
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, June 9, 12 – 6.
- Swift Water Rescue Training, June 9-10, River & Trail Outfitters 301-695-5177
- Heartchase in Baker Park, The American Heart Association Initiative, June 9.
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 23, 6-9, $8, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown.
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 22 – 23
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Picnic, Sat. June 9, noon to 4.
- Breakfast with Dora, June 23, Adventure Park USA
- Several Non-Profits will be participating in The Great Frederick Flea Market on June 9th
- FACKA Joan Garrett Classic @ Crumland Farms, Sunday, June 24, 2012. Annual charity event, proceeds to local and national cancer related organizations. 301-524-4109
For Frederick Foodies:
Swinetastic BBQ Festival – Fri. June 15 through Sat. 16th –Frederick Fairgrounds
- BBQ for Dad at Crumland Farms, June 17.
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick!