Spring is Here in Frederick Md
We don’t believe Punxsutawney Phil this year! Here are some great events to enjoy in March.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for March’s First Saturday is “Downtown Revealed”. From 5 to 9 pm, Saturday, March 4th in downtown Frederick. Sponsored by Frederick County Bank.
Some of the fun events:
- Live Music in several locations
- Free Trolley Rides
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Did you know you can participate in the downtown social media sphere on Twitter and Instagram? use @DwntwnFrederick and #FredFirstSat
March Events in Frederick
For Frederick Homeowners:
- Frederick County Builder’s Association 41st Annual Home Show – March 18 – 19, Great Frederick Fairgrounds
Frederick Restaurant Week:
- March 6 – 12. Fixed price meals, lunch and dinner. This is a great way to try out a new restaurant. See participating restaurants on the website. #FredRestWK
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for March, Matt Anderson, Bria Skonberg, Circo Comedia, Freedom Train, Scythian, Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo Live, A Year with Frog and Toad, Oak Ridge Boys with Larry Gatlin, Shrek the Musical, and more. Frederick Reads: Bill Bryson, Plus: Frederick Arts Council 40th Anniversary Celebration.
- March at Maryland Ensemble Theatre Top Girls, A Tale of Two Trolls, Coming: Peter and the Starcatcher.
- Way off Broadway Dinner Theater Pirates of Penzance, and Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.. Coming: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- The Performing Arts Factory, Coming: The All Night Strut.
- 2017 Celtic Concert, Mount St. Mary’s University, March 21.
- Maryland Boy’s Choir Concert, March 5, Evangelical Lutheran Church. Downtown Frederick. Also: A Mighty Fortress – Celebrating 500 years of Protestant Music. March 19 – 20.
- The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center has several exhibits and workshops in March. Drop-in art session First Saturday. Art Carnival, Mar. 8, 1 – 4 pm.
- Ceramic Art Exhibit @ Hood College.
- Phyllis Mayes Paintings, Paul F. Wilson – Tribute to George B. Delaplaine, Jr. – The Spires Brass Band, March 11. Birth of the Cool, Howard Burs Quartet, March 15, Frederick Community College
- Symphonic Pipes at Coffman Chapel at Hood College – Frederick Symphony Orchestra, March 19th, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Coffman Chapel at Hood College
For the Kids & Family
- Tot Swap Children’s Consignment Sale, Frederick Fair Grounds, March 24-27.
- Easter Bunny Breakfast and Egg Hunt, April 15, 8 am – 10 am, Adventure Park USA
- Walkersville Southern Railroad, Bunny Train, Mar. 8, 9, and 15.
- Westview Promenade Egg-Citement Easter Event, April 15.
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Frederick County Public Libraries have many events for children. Check out their events calendar.
- Frederick County Spelling Bee, JBK Theater at FCC, March 11. 1:30
- 47th Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – March 11-12, 18-19 at The William Houck area at Cunningham Falls State Park. (301) 271-7574. (informative and fun, games, stories and crafts, pancake and sausage breakfast from 9:30 to 2 pm) Friends of Cunningham Falls State Park & Gambrill State Park
- Ausherman Planetarium – “Teddy Bear Night”, Premiere of “Journey to Space”.
- Frederick County Marble Collector Show & Festival, Sat. April 1, 10 am to 4 pm, Frederick Fairgrounds. Free.
- Women’s History Month, and Historical Interpreters Workshop, for those interested in Living History. Book Talk and other presentations. National Museum of Civil War Medicine
- Exhibit Opeing: Barbara Fritchie, March 4. Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St.
- Middletown 250th Anniversary Talk, March 5, Zion Lutheran Church. More on Mainstreet Middltown website.
- Leprechaun Luau, by the Rotary Club of Frederick, Saturday, March 4th, 4 – 8 pm. Frederick Community College
- Scrabble® Mania! March 4th from 2 to 5 p.m. at Dutch’s Daughter. The Literacy Council will hold its first event to bring awareness to the problem of illiteracy in Frederick County and to the need for more tutors.
- Breakaway 5K Run. March 11, in Baker Park. Proceeds to Heartly House.
- The 19th Annual Catoctin Affair to support the Mental Health Association of Frederick County, April 8, 6:30 – 11:30.
- Clutch the Future – Benefit for the Women to Women Mentoring Program and FCC Scholarships, Mar. 18, Hood College.
- Bowties and Bourbon, March 16, Quartermasters Cigars, 880 N. East St. Kentucky Derby benefit for Heritage Frederick.
For the Foodies in Frederick:
- Frederick Restaurant Week – Monday through Sunday, March 6 – 12 is Frederick Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants are offering special meals at special prices; its a great time to try out that new restaurant you’ve been wondering about, or visit your favorite. See the website for details.
- Pot of Gold St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl @ Downtown Frederick Pubs, March 17, 1 to 7 pm. Facebook Event.
- Black Ankle Vineyards
- Linganore Winecellars – Barrel Tasting Event, March
- Elk Run – Barrel and Vertical Tasting
Feel Free to add any events in the comments!