It’s Vegas Night in Frederick during First Saturday in downtown. Remember though… What happens in Frederick stays in Frederick!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for March’s First Saturday (Mar. 2nd) is “Vegas Night”, with a progressive game of 21. With each purchase, shoppers get a card and try to 21, with a chance to win prizes. There will be merchant-hosted games as well.
Some of the fun events:
- Games of chance and discounts at various shops
- Celebrity impersonators.
- “Mocktail” stations throughout downtown
- Live Music on several corners
- Trolley Rides
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Did you know you can participate in the downtown social media sphere on Twitter and Instagram? use @DwntwnFrederick #FredFirstSat Enjoy:)
March Events in Frederick
- The Home Show, Presented by the Frederick County Builder’s Association, March 16 and 17 @ The Frederick Fairgrounds.
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for March, The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will play May 1st. Clifford the Big Red Dog family musical, Johnny Winter with The Campbell Brothers,Gina Sicilia, Andrew Weil, M.D., Jane Monheit with Mark O’Connor, Shakespeare Alive!, Frederick Regional Youth Orchestra, The New Alice in Wonderland… and more.
- March at Maryland Ensemble Theatre The Glass Menagerie, The Comedy Pigs, TruthPaste, RetroProm.
- Way off Broadway Dinner Theater is still playing Steel Magnolias and Aladdin through March 9th. 9 to 5 – The Musical starts March 22.
- The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center has several exhibits and workshops in March. The Art Carnival will be Saturday, March 16, 1 – 4 pm.
- Catoctin Furnace Historical Society Gala Concert – March 3, 6:30 PM, Auburn House, Thurmont, Md.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra @ Frederick Community College, Mar. 9. 8 pm.
- Maryland Concert Opera presents “A Celebration of Verdi” Sunday Mar. 24, 3 pm @ Hood College
- Frederick Chorale, “Love is Where You Find It”, Mar. 23, 24, All Saints Episcopal Church.
For the Kids
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Frederick County Public Libraries have many events for children. Check out their events calendar.
- 43nd Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – March 9,10, & 16, 17 at The William Houck area at Cunningham Falls State Park. (301) 271-7574. (We did this several years ago with the kids… informative and fun, games, stories and crafts, pancake and sausage breakfast from 9:30 to 2 pm)
- Ausherman Planetarium – “Forces of Nature”, Mar. 7, “Wildest Weather in the Solar System”, Mar. 12, 21, 26
- The Easter Bunny arrives at Westview Promenade, Mar. 23.
- Easter Egg Hunts @Green Meadows, Ijamsville, Md.
- Children’s Scavenger Hunt, March 30, Surreybrooke Garden, Middletown
- Easter Egg Roll @ Rose Hill Manor Park, March 30.
- Exhibition @ Frederick County Museum of History: “We Mustache You To Consider…Facial Hair in Frederick County”, From Feb. 27 through March 2. I don’t know if I can stay away with a title like that!
- Middletown Historical Society Dinner and Auction, March 20. Buffet dinner, cash bar. Auction opens at 5pm. Dinner at 6pm. 301-371-6410
- Breakaway 5K Run. March 9, 2012 in Baker Park.
- The 15th Annual Catoctin Affair to support the Mental Health Association of Frederick County, April 13, 6:30 – 11:30, Holiday Inn Grand Ballroom.
- Clutch the Future – Benefit for the Women to Women Mentoring Program and FCC Scholarships, March 16,
- Road Race Runner 2013 5K Events in Md
- Events on Maryland Party: Musical Events
- Frederick Community Calendar: March Non-Profit Events
- Habitat For Humanity Benefit Concert, “Songs for A New Start”, Sund. March 17, 4 pm, Christ Reformed United Church of Christ, Middletown.
For the Foodies in Frederick:
- Frederick Restaurant Week – Monday through Sunday, March 4 – 10 is Frederick Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants are offering special meals at special prices; its a great time to try out that new restaurant you’ve been wondering about, or visit your favorite. See the website for details.
- Pot of Gold St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl @ Downtown Frederick Pubs, March 17, 1 to 7 pm.
- Leprechaun Luau – March 9th, Frederick Fairgrounds
- Workshops at Fox Haven Farms in Jefferson: Farm Kitchen Dinner Series, These experiences begin at 6:00 and wind down by 9:30 p.m. Mar. 23, May 18, and June 29.
- Black Ankle Vineyards -Fireside Fridays, Live Music
- Linganore Winecellars – Before You Dine: Antipasto and Wine, March Wine Madness (Ladies Only)
- Elk Run – Wine Tastings
The Great Outdoors
- Fort Ritchie Community Center 2nd Annual Bass Fishing Tournament, March 16, April 13, May 11, June 22.
- Workshops at Fox Haven Farms in Jefferson: Organic Gardening, Stream Walks, Map & Compass, and more.
Going Green in Frederick,
Saturday, March 2. Frederick Green Neighbor Forum, a half-day program at Hood College, Whitaker Campus Center, 8:30 am to 12 noon. Registration $10.
Fly It Forward @ Frederick Airport,
March 4-10. This event is for women and girls who are curious about flying. Includes free flight for all females who have not flown, and the week will culminate on Sat. March 10th with “Pink – Women Fly It Forward,” Call for more information, 301-600-2201. Or see the website.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments!