Giving Thanks in Frederick Md
Frederick Maryland is a great place to live and work. Frederick people in general have always been a warm and giving bunch. I think there is a magic quality in the air that attracts nice people. Really. If someone were to do a study, I’m sure they would find a high percentage of philanthropists here in Frederick. (hmmm…possible future blog post:)
As we approach the season of the year during which we tend to focus on Giving Back, here are some awesome Charities located right here in Frederick Md:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Frederick
- Frederick Alliance for Youth
- Cakes for Cause
- Boys & Girls Club of Frederick
- Able and Willing
- Maryland Sheriff’s Youth Ranch
- Kids Are Heroes
- Families Plus, Inc.
- Advocates for Homeless Families
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Interfaith Housing Alliance
- Second Chances Garage
- The Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs
- The Way Station
For the Business Community
- Entrepreneur Council of Frederick County
- Downtown Frederick Partnership
- Women’s Business Network of Frederick
For Special and Developmental Needs
- Family Resources for Down Syndrome
- Jeanne Bussard Center
- The Arc of Frederick County
- Frederick County 4-H Therapeutic Horse Riding Program
- Community Living Inc.
- Goodwill Industries
- The Freedom Center
- Service Coordination Inc.
- Special Olympics Maryland
For the Hearing Impaired
- Hope Alive, Inc.
- Heartly House
- CareNet Pregnancy Center
For the Arts
Serving our Soldiers and Veterans
Other Tips and Articles About Charities:
- Not sure about a charity? Charity Navigator
I know this list is not exhaustive… so if you know of a non-profit in Frederick Md that I missed… please add it, with a link if possible, in the comments. We’d all love to know about it:)
♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
It seems like a very good time for me to say thank you.
- Contacting Me
I sincerely appreciate it!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving Holiday! Karen