Aspen North at Lake Linganore
Aspen North at Lake Linganore is officially open, with two model homes available for a tour. The best thing about this community to these two REALTORS is this: Aspen North homes are a perfect fit for the setting of Lake Linganore. The homes were, in fact, designed by architects around the landscape and topography of Aspen North, which is just about opposite of the usual development process, which is often to change the landscape to fit the homes.
As previous residents of Lake Linganore for 16 years, Chris and I have always appreciated modern lake living. Homes with open floor plans with walls of windows, dramatic kitchens and great rooms, with outdoor living spaces to appreciate the beauty of the community…Miller & Smith has really nailed it with these house plans! So, we can’t help ourselves, we just have to share;-)
About Miller and Smith
Miller & Smith has been building homes in Virginia, Maryland and Delaware for over 40 years. Since 1964, this innovative local homebuilding company began what has developed into a legacy of reimagining the basic Colonial, the home that mid-atlantic homeowners love so much.
Design-savvy homebuyers throughout the Washington Metropolitan region have made Miller & Smith one of the top builders for years. Judges at the building industry’s preeminent design competitions have also found a favorite in the company, giving them several awards over four decades: Builder of the Year, many times, and several Best in Show awards. By 2012 Miller & Smith had earned over 400 awards for design and construction excellence.
Today, having wowed nearly 20,000 homebuyers in 96 communities, they’ve reached into Frederick County for the second time, and again, their reception is very warm! Their impressive reputation is validated in these stunning model homes now open in Aspen North. We got a very special introduction to the Aspen North models and would love to share over the next few weeks!
Learn more about Miller & Smith at their website.
About Aspen North Homes
The two model homes at Aspen North are the Calahan and the Silverton. Both have open floor plans with large, bright living spaces. The walls of windows let in all the natural light and beautiful views of the Linganore hills. There are just over 100 lots available, each approximately 1/8 acre. After almost 40 years, this undeveloped area will become the latest Village of Lake Linganore.
The Calahan has over 2,900 square feet of living space on the 2 upper levels. The designers have created a home that fits today’s families with comfortable and stylish space. Though the floor plan gives a nod to the traditional, it is truly an open plan with a transitional appeal, so no matter what your style, you’ll find a home that fits you in the Calahan.
The generous great room connects with a gourmet kitchen and adjacent breakfast area in the back of the first level. The formal dining room flows from the kitchen, overlooking the foyer, also expanding onto the beautiful front balcony. Indoor/outdoor living is on trend. There’s also a private study for quiet reading time or work-from-home needs.
Upstairs, the masterful suite encompasses the entire rear of this home and offers dual walk-in closets and a master superbath. The other 3 bedrooms have surprisingly large closets, and are situated so that they all have windows to take advantage of the views. There are also many available options to customize these spaces.
The Silverton, certainly a favorite of those who love an open floor plan, is a great home for the family who loves to entertain! Words like “Drama!” “Versatility”, “Mid-Century Modern”…all come to my mind. It is really a transitional design that will easily be interpreted into anyone’s personal style. The Silverton’s ginormous great room and kitchen layout out soars with a 10’ ceiling at the back of the first floor. Light fills the rooms from the wall of windows. The model home shows the optional corner bay expansion on the dining room which takes advantage of the sunset views.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms as well as the master with a KILLER CLOSET! (Serious closet envy going on here!) The good news: there are tons of design options, so you can have that master closet with either model. There are multiple room configurations and a spacious loft that can be an upstairs idea space or playroom.
Miller & Smith has certainly designed two floor plans that really fit the lifestyle of today’s families. Not only are they innovative in design and amenities, they are right on cue with today’s latest design trends.
Some of the ways to personalize your home that are in keeping with today’s design trends:
- Blending of indoor and outdoor spaces. It is normal to find a home with some kind of outdoor space, whether it’s a small patio or an expansive deck and yard. This year, builders are really pushing the limits on blurring the lines between indoor and outdoor living spaces. (anyone remember that 19th Century iconic architect Frank Lloyd Wright? His philosophy of design is trending again.) Some ways to do this are to use seasonal sliding doors, a semi-covered outdoor space, or utilize indoor-like furniture outside. One way that Miller & Smith accomplishes this is with walls of windows overlooking the trees and hills of the Lake Linganore setting. The Silverton Model takes particular advantage of gorgeous views out of the great room.
- Industrial influences: For a few years, we have seen industrial influences starting to creep into residential spaces, and now it is one of the most desired styles. By incorporating elements like iron hardware, exposed brick, concrete, steel, and other raw & rough materials, you can create the feeling of a refurbished space. You’ll notice the stone fireplace in the Calahan model, and the industrial lighting pieces.
- Mixing vintage and contemporary: Today’s home designs find ways to mix vintage and contemporary styles. The kitchen in the Calahan model at Aspen North is a great example of blending the two styles. While elements such as the glass backsplash, granite countertops, and stainless-steel appliances give off a contemporary vibe, the light fixtures, furniture silhouettes, and décor create a more aged look.
- Vintage nickel & brass hardware: Nickel and brass hardware have been popular for several years, but now these materials have been given a vintage treatment to make the hardware look worn. We’re seeing builders and designers going with industrial or vintage styles. You’ll see them used beautifully in the Calahan model at Aspen North.
- Kitchen Cabinet Trends: We’re seeing more matte finishes in kitchen and bathroom cabinets, with a lot of gray and black showing up. Flat front cabinets are increasingly used for their contemporary look. Whether your style is contemporary, traditional or eclectic, kitchen cabinets like the ones you see in these model homes can be transitional and fit in with any design style.
- Tiles and Backsplashes: Glass tiles are hugely popular, for their translucence and colors, in the kitchen and in the bathroom! Minerals, gemstones and white marble is popular too, as more homeowners crave a little luxe in their bathrooms. You’ll see all of this in the models at Aspen North.
Stay tuned for the next post with more details about Aspen North homes…and more photos and video!
Enjoy this Slide Deck of the Silverton Model home in Aspen North:
(click to see full size slides)
About Lake Linganore Living
Lake Linganore is the largest private man-made lake community in Maryland. It was also Frederick County’s first Planned Unit Development (PUD). Lake Linganore is a community of villages centered around a system of lakes: the 250 acre Lake Linganore, Lake Anita Louise, Lake Merle, and Lake Marion. Linganore Creek forms Lake Linganore at the Linganore Dam, at Eaglehead Drive. The creek runs from the dam into the Monocacy River.
Lake Linganore was originally designed to be a vacation community. The Brosius brothers, Bill and Lou, started in 1968, designing “New Town” with Lake Linganore as the centerpiece. With the oil crisis of the 70’s, the building petered out and eventually the community was sold to a group of builders. As the home building continued in the 80’s, more permanent homeowners bought homes and the community became one of the more affordable places to build a new home in Frederick County.
Comprised of 14 Villages, the community boasts the best of lake living. The amenities include three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, playgrounds, picnic areas, basketball courts, volleyball courts, six tennis courts and three sports fields. The Villages at Lake Linganore are designed for the nature-lover, with homes that fit into the surrounding landscape, with views of woods and lakes, and amenities to take advantage of those surroundings: the Linganore Trail system, over 30 miles of paths and nature trails, boat ramp and boat racks to explore the four lakes in canoes, kayaks and electric-powered boats, enjoy fishing, and three sand beaches.
The community exists on 3700+ acres of land, with 850 acres of open land. The building is scheduled to continue for several years with new neighborhoods in the plans. Lake Linganore has come a long way in the last decade, with several new neighborhoods in the works, new roads and amenities. Find out more about Lake Linganore at Go Lake Linganore.
Disclosure: 365Frederick bloggers have received free products from Delucchi Plus in association with our endorsement of the products. Even so, the opinions of said products are the personal and genuine opinions of 365Frederick bloggers.