First Saturday in December in Downtown Frederick Md is themed “Cookie Tour“. ‘Nuff said.
But before First Saturday, the month of festivities will kick off with a Festival of Lights on Friday night at the City Hall Courtyard at 7 pm. Carols, and an inspirational message go hand-in-hand with a moving candle-light ceremony.
First Saturday will feature:
- Collect Downtown Frederick merchants’ favorite holiday meal recipes.
- Super Secret Elf Workshop at the Delaplaine – Kids create art projects for gifts from 1 to 4 pm.
- Local Color Artist Market – Delaplaine Visual Arts Center will feature handmade works of art by over 25 local artists.
- Carolers and live music throughout the Historic District
Three Saturdays in December – Eat, Drink & Be Merry! The Christmas celebration will be extended through all Saturdays in December this year! Three Saturdays in December will feature carriage rides, hot cocoa, seasonal music, live entertainment and more. It’s all about recipes: Dec. 3, collect holiday meal recipes, Dec. 10, collect drink recipes, and Dec. 17, collect quotes or contribute your own.
Children’s Weekend – December 9th and 10th the activities will be all about Children in the Historic District Frederick.
Candlelight House Tour– A self-guided tour inside some beautiful Frederick homes.
- Saturday, December 3, 2011 • 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Sunday, December 4, 2011 • 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Carillon Concert in Baker Park – begins at noon on the first Sunday of each month, and goes for a half hour. The tower is open and guests may climb the 50 steps to see the City Carillonneur play the carillon of 49 bells.
See all the events on the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website.
December is a beautiful time in Frederick Md! Enjoy!