Dog Days of Summer – September in Frederick Md
It’s time to celebrate our fur-friends in Frederick Md!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for September’s First Saturday: Dog Days of Summer. The dog-lover’s event is this weekend, September 5th, and there will be music throughout downtown Frederick.
- Dog Costume Contest, registration from 1:00 to 3:30 @ Paws in the City, judging from 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Live Music several places downtown
- Dog-themed contests, prizes and merchandise.
- Children’s Activities, Yappy Hour from 4 to 8 pm at the Creek, Dog Parade 6 to 7 pm.
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Five Alive The last 2 Happy Hour events for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, Sept. 3, and Sept. 10, 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
In the Street
Downtown Frederick, 11 am-5 pm, Sept. 12th. See details at Celebrate Frederick
Market Street Mile, the morning of In the Street, benefits the free after-school running club at Lincoln Elementary School. 8:45 to 10 am.
Up The Creek Party, 5 pm to 9 pm, Carroll Creek Ampitheatre. Live Music and drinks, must be 21+. One time $5.00 cover gets you into both Beer Gardens AND the Up the Creek Party.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: One Man Two Guuvnors, Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat, The Shape of Things. The Ensemble School has Fall classes, starting Sept. 14.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: The season starts Oct. 1.
- Way Off Broadway, The Addams Family, Disney’s The Jungle Book
- Little Shop of Horrors, performed at Frederick Community College, Sept. 25 through Oct. 4, Fredericktown Players.
The Arts in Frederick
- Art at the Point Sept. 26, 6th Annual Juried Artsl Festival, Community Commons Park, Point of Rocks.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 5, 3-5 pm.
- Music on the Terrace, lunchtime every Friday in Sept., Carroll Creek Amphitheater
- Calvary’s Community Concert Series, starting Sept. 20, Calvary United Methodist Church.
- Art At The Point, Family arts and music Festival, Point of Rocks, Sept. 27.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 11-13, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 10-13. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
For Frederick Kids
- Movie Night with the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Sept. 5, 6 pm. Sept. 19
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm., Jesse James Day, Sept. 12. Civil War Re-enactors.
- First Friday Fun Fest, Westview Promenade. Sept. 4.
- Children’s events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum
- Baryard Bash @ Green Meadows Petting Farm, 10102 Fingerboard Rd, Ijamsville.
- Celebrity Night Out – Colonial Jewelers, Sept. 10, 6 pm – 8 pm. Proceeds go to Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund.
- Grand National People Chase, Sept. 13, Loch Moy Farm, benefits Yellow Ribbon Fund. Reginstration begins at 8:30.
- Zoo La La Sept. 19, 7 pm – 10 pm. Monocacy Valley Cannery. Proceeds go to Catoctin Wildlife Preserve.
- Funds for Causes, an online community fundraising site, shows current and upcoming fundraising events in the Frederick area. Fundraiser begins Sept. 14.
- Grand Fondo National Championship, Sept. 20, 7:45 AM. Raises funds for local girl scouts and Fredrick Bicycle Coalition
- Fundly, another online site to raise funds for Families and Kids in the Frederick area.
- City Club Social Series – Octoberfest on Rockwell Terrace, Sept. 26, proceeds go to Downtown Frederick Partnership
For History Buffs:
- A Night at the Museum – A Private Soldier’s War, Friday Sept. 4, 5:30 – 8:30. National Museum of Civil War Medicine.
- Civil War Talk – George Wunderlich, Sept. 5, National Museum of Civil War Medicine.
- African-American Heritage Walking Tour, Roger Brook Taney House, Sept. 26. Exhibit: Slavery in Frederick County
- The 27th Indiana and Lee’s Lost Orders, Sept. 12 – 13, Monocacy Battlefield Living History presentation
- Family Fun-Day Sunday, Sept. 6 Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Park and the World of Jan Brett Exhibit, Sept. 13 – Dec. 12.
- Civil War Walking Tour – Sat. Sept. 5, 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
For Frederick Foodies:
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays. Thurmont Carival Grounds
- South Mountain Creamery Tours – 8305 Bolivar Rd. Middletown, MD 21769
- Farm to Fork Frederick – Locally sourced menus around Frederick, through Sept 7.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Let the Fall Festivals Begin!
- Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Lawyer’s Corn Maze & Fall Festival
- Summers Farm Annual Great Pumpkin Race, Sept. 27
- Green Meadows Farm
- Crumland Farms Screamland Farms: Zombie Paintball & Escape to the Woodshed
The Great Frederick Fair
September 18-26, The 15rd Great Frederick Fair!
Enjoy the Fall♥ in Frederick!