First Saturday in the Historic District
- Dog Costume Contest, starts at 3 pm. Registration from 1 to 3 pm, or online.
- Live Music several places downtown
- Dog-themed contests, prizes and merchandise.
- Children’s Activities, Yappy Hour at the Creek, Dog Parade
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Five Alive The final Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
In the Street
Market Street Mile, the morning of In the Street, benefits the free after-school running club at Lincoln Elementary School. 8:45 to 10 am.
Up The Creek Party, 5 pm to 9 pm, Carroll Creek Ampitheatre. Live Music and drinks, must be 21+.
Movie Night On The Creek – Sept. 19, Movie: People’s Choice!
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Last Hurrah, Clybourne Park, Stella Luna. The Ensemble School has Fall classes, starting Sept. 8.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Dazed and Confused, Led Zepplica,
- Way Off Broadway, Annie Get Your Gun, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland
The Arts in Frederick
- Downtown Collective: Fashion, Art & Home Design – Sept. 19 & 20, Monocacy Valley Cannery. To Purchase Fashion Show Tickets
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 6, 3-5 pm.
- Music on the Terrace, lunchtime every Friday in Sept., Carroll Creek Amphitheater
- Concert Series, Sept. 21, U.S. Army Ambassadors Jazztet, Calvary United Methodist Church.
- Serenity in the Garden: Exhibit by mary Weiss-Waldhorn at Unique Optique, 9 W. Patrick St., Frederick, Like Unique Optique Facebookpage for updates.
- Lucky Stiff, performed at Frederick Community College, Sept. 26 through Oct. 5, Fredericktown Players.
- Art At The Point, Family arts and music Festival, Point of Rocks, Sept. 27.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 5-7, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 5-7. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
For Frederick Kids
- Jesse James Day, Walkersville Southern Railroad, Sept. 13.
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. Including a Civil War Reenactors Train, Jesse James and more.
- First Friday Fun, children’s events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum
- Autism Artreach at Business Factory of Frederick, Sept. 5th.
- 2nd Annual Bikers Against Heroin ride, Sept. 6, The ride starts at Jackman’s Custom Cycles, 1539 Tilco Drive #103 in Frederick. Registration is from 10:00 am to 11:00 am sand motorcycles go out at 11:30 am. The ride fee is $20.00 for the rider or $30.00 with a passenger. The ride ends in Buckeystown. The ride ends with a music festival. For more information click here to send e-mail.
- Funds for Causes, an online community fundraising site, shows current and upcoming fundraising events in the Frederick area.
- Fundly, another online site to raise funds for Families and Kids in the Frederick area.
- Out of Darkness Walk, Sept 6, 4:30 pm, to benefit Suicide Prevention, Baker Park, 240-405-5482, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Online registration closes Friday before the walk, Sept.5th.
For History Buffs:
- African-American Heritage Walking Tour, Roger Brook Taney House, Sept. 6. Exhibit: Slavery in Frederick County
- Slavery and Emancipation, Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Park
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays, 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- March on Frederick, Sept. 26, Harry Grove Stadium
- 200th Anniversary of The National Anthem, Activities at Mt. Olivet Cemetary, Sept. 13 – 14. See details on Frederick Tourism Website
- Civil War Reenactors on the Walkersville Southern Railroad, Sept. 20.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Farm to Fork Frederick – Locally sourced menus around Frederick, through Sept 1.
- “Glitz and Glamour, An Evening of Decadent Desserts”, Sept. 28, A dessert competition, Elks Lodge, #684.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays. Thurmont Carival Grounds
- South Mountain Creamery Tours – 8305 Bolivar Rd. Middletown, MD 21769
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Let the Fall Festivals Begin!
- Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Lawyer’s Corn Maze & Fall Festival
- Summers Farm Annual Great Pumpkin Race, Sept. 28
- Green Meadows Farm
- Crumland Farms
- Frederick Latino Festival, Sept. 28, Frederick Community College
The Great Frederick Fair
September 12-20, The 152nd Great Frederick Fair!
Enjoy Indian Summer♥ in Frederick!