It’s the favorite month for kids of all ages… Time for some October Fun in Frederick Md! There are many things to do to celebrate the beautiful Fall weather.
First Saturday in the Historic District
- For the Kids, Pumpkin painting & Scarecrow Decorating Contest
- Haunted House at Federated Charities,
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Hot Apple Cider
- Movie Screening @ 48 E. Patrick Street
- Sponsored by Hood College, Photo Booth
- Gallery Openings
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Importance of Being Ernest, Volt Private Wine Tasting Fundraiser, Oct. 11
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 72-Hour Film Fest, Young Frankenstein (Oct. 31), and more.
- Way Off Broadway, Sunset Blvd, Pinkalicious
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Community Supported Art Party, First Saturday, 3-5 pm.
- Artomatic Frederick ends October 5th
- Around the World in 80 Minutes, Spires Brass Band, FCC Kussmaul Theater, Oct. 12th. Faculty Jazz – Jazz in A Mellow Tone, Oct. 19.
- Reception for Photographer Eric Gibson, Art Gallery, Oct 15.
- Every Monday, 7:30, Scottish Country Dancing, Walkersville Town Hall, Sept. through June.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Monthly Carillon Recital at Baker park on the first & third Sunday of the month, at 12:30
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Saturday and Sunday, October 5 & 6
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. A Dinner Train Oct. 5th. Ghost Trains.
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 12 & 13th, Thurmont Community Park
- Fort Ritchie Community Craft & Car Show, Oct. 19. Ghost and History Tour, Oct. 25.
- Autumn Raggae Festival, Linganore Wineries, Oct. 19-20.
- Furmont Day, Thurmont Carnival Grounds, Oct. 26, Thurmont
For Frederick Kids
- Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Oct. 26th, 6-9 pm, Adventure Park USA
- Family Festival At The Farm, a Self-guided Farm Adventure, Oct, 20 & 21st.
- Fall Festival, Oct. 5 & 6, at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum Rose Hill.
- Planetarium Show – “What it Takes to Be an Astronaut”, Oct. 15, Earth and Space Science Lab, “Enchanted Reef”, Oct. 24, “Start of the Pharaohs”, Oct. 29.
- Convoy of Hope – Frederick Community Health Fair, Oct. 5th, Frederick Indoor Sports Center, 1845 Brookfield Ct., Frederick, MD 21701, free screenings and checkups, including glucose, cholesterol, vision, hearing test, hepatitis B, etc… In addition, there will be free flu shots as well!
- An Evening on the Riviera, Benefits YMCA children’s programs and Heartly House, Oct. 4, Frederick Fair Grounds
- Walk to Stop Diabetes – Oct. 13, 12 pm. Baker Park.
- Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk, Oct. 5, Baker Park
- Pink Ribbon Gala, Oct. 19, William Talley Recreation Center
- Golftoberfest for Cystic Fibrosis, October 26th at Hollow Creek.
- Walk & Wag, Oct. 19, Baker Park. Hosted by The Frederick County Humane Society
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar
For History Buffs:
- Goods from the Hearth – Oct. 26, and many other events at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Charity Afire Exhibit @ Seton Heritage in Emmitsburg, through December 31.
- Civil War Walking Tour, First & Third Saturdays, the last until April.
- Murder and Mayhem Tours, Museum of Frederick County History, Fridays and Saturdays
- Candlelight Cemetary Tours, downtown Frederick.
- Octoberfest At Schifferstadt, Oct. 19 & 20.
- Battlefield Hikes at Monocacy Battlefield, Oct. 19
For Frederick Foodies:
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Fall Festivals Galore! Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes
- Pumpkin Festival, Oct. 12-13, Summers Farm
- Mt. Airy Fall Festival, Main Street, October 5 – 6, 2013
- The Great Pumpkin Patch, Oct. 12 and 13, Old National District Pike Park, Mt. Airy
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 12 & 13th, Thurmont Community Park.
- Myersville Trolley Festival, Oct. 20 & 21st.
- Fort Ritchie Community Fall Craft & Car Show, Oct. 20.
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, downtown Middletown, Oct. 20.
- Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 25-27.
- Fall Harvest Festival, Murphy Farm Ijamsville, Md
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival, through November 3
- Summers Farm, 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, MD 21703
- Crumland Farm, “Screamland Farms”, Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, North on Route 15, Mile Marker 17. Willow Road.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze, 13003 Creagerstown Road, Thurmont, Md
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md
- Mayne’s Tree Farm,3420 Buckeystown
- Green Meadows Farm, Ijamsville
Halloween Fun in Frederick Md
- Trick or Treat in downtown Frederick, Oct. 27
- Trick or Treat at Westview Promenade, Oct 26th.
- Brunswick Halloween Party, Square Corner Brunswick, Oct. 26th. A Night At the Brunswick Heritage Museum, Oct. 25-26.
- Eveready Square Trick or Treat & Haunted House, Oct. 26-27.
- Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 23-25. Pre-registration is required for all tours. Call 301-600-1492.
♥ Enjoy October Fun in Frederick!* * *