Frederick Food Bloggers Review AYSE Meze
I had the opportunity to dine at the new restaurant AYSE Meze, ( pronounced EYE-sha) in Historic Frederick. The restaurant features the best of Greek, Turkish and Lebanese Cuisine in Meze (small dishes). Located at 6 North East Street, (used to be Danielle’s).
I don’t find it easy to write restaurant reviews [I love all food! All the time!] But at this particular event I lucked out completely… I had dinner with 5 Frederick Food Bloggers! So, if you were wondering about the new restaurant in town, here are all the reviews for you in one place:
1. Sarah Withers, writer of Food And Frederick, has a review with some tantalizing pictures. She was brilliant enough to remember the delicious spreads:
- Muhammara – red pepper, walnuts, pomegranate molasses
- Babaganoush – eggplant, tahini, lemon, garlic
- Hummus – chick pea, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon
- Pasa ezmexi – feta, yogure, biber, jalapeno, parsley
- Zeytin – black olives, pepper paste, feta, garlic
- Tzatziki – cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill, mint
Of course, I loved them all.
2. Becky Johnston , writer of Becky Cooks, has a lovely descriptive write-up. You might recognize the pictures of the inside of the restaurant. Becky made we wish I had ordered those scallops!
3. Tara Green, a Frederick home-town girl, writes Lace and Grace. I have to say, Tara’s pictures made me drool all over again!
4. Liza Hawkins, writer of (a)Musing Foodie, has the distinction of being named one of BlueStar Cooking’s Top 100 Food Bloggers in 2012. Although you won’t find a review of AYSE Meze, you’ll find an unending supply of fabulous recipes and ideas, with gorgeous pictures.
5. Shannon Morgan writes Shannon Morgan Creative, and, er… *whispers* can I say “Food Porn” on a family-friendly blog? Such creative ideas! And Shannon posts recipes for those with food allergies, and promotes healthy living.
So, Please, check out these local Frederick Food Bloggers… you’re sure to find some fantastic recipes and ideas, as well as learn about some of our fantastic local restaurants. And you’ll definitely want to visit AYSE Meze. [Even though you can’t trust my opinion because I like everything under the sun… I did really enjoy the steak while I was there:]