It’s April in Frederick Md and Spring has sprung! Frederick is full of exciting things to do in April:
First Saturday in the Historic District
The brand new theme for April’s First Saturday: Frederick Goes Hollywood. Don’t miss the walk of fame throughout Downtown Frederick:
- Famous Characters, like Dance Unlimited’s ‘The New Adventures of Alice in Wonderland’ at Dancing Bear from 5 til 7 pm,
- Live Music several places downtown, like Harold Powell—The Golden Oldie
at 22 S Market from 5-9pm.
- Free Trolley Rides
- Movie Screening at 38 East Patrick Street
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
- Several local & national celebrities, celebrity impersonators and paparazzi will be riding around Downtown Frederick.
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Candlelight Ghost Tours begin, April 13th. Tours begin in front of Brewer’s Alley Restaurant.
Giant 3 Foot Chocolate Bunny Raffle
The giant chocolate bunny is on display at The Candy Kitchen in downtown Frederick. You can still purchase a raffle ticket by Thursday, April 5th for a chance to win the huge sweet, at the several stores downtown, see the Downtown Frederick Partnership website for locations.The raffle takes place Easter Sunday, April 9th.
Theater in Frederick
The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Antigone, The Young Olympians, The Comedy Pigs and Laugh Station Turbo
The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Alice in Wonderland, Nickelodeon’s Fresh Beat Band, Ernie Hawkins and The John Jorgenson Quintet, Bolder Canyon, and much more…
Cultural Arts Center: Twisted Knickers Cabaret presents, “Earth Day Slaptacular!”, and” Gettysburg, the Musical”
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Paintings and ceramic sculptures by Jonathan Gemmell. Also, paintings and monoprints by Dorothea Barrick.
- Cultural Arts Center: Art exhibit by Anthony Miserendo and Colleen Rollins
- Silent Auction of Artwork at the Cultural Arts Center, April 7th, through the entire month.
- Dale Corn and his orchestra, Frederick Community College, April 20.
Frederick Wine Trail
The kick-off to the 2012 wine festival season happens on April 21 and 22, 2012, at the third annual “A Toast to Frederick,” a wine and food extravaganza. The event will be held at the newly renovated Null Building at the Frederick Fairgrounds, and will include live musical performances. Participating wineries: Elk Run Vineyards, Sugarloaf Mountain Winery, Frederick Cellars, Linganore Winery, Loew, Orchid Cellars, Catoctin Breeze and Distillery Cider Works. See Details at the Frederick Wine Trail website.
For the Kids
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny @ Adventure Park USA, April 7th. See website for details.
- Crumland Farms, Easter at the Farm with Key 103 radio. April 7th.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad 75-minute train ride with the Easter Bunny. April 7th.
- Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Easter Egg Roll April 7th.
- Rose Hill Manor Park & Museums Spring Festival, Celebrate Frederick’s agricultural heritage, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun noon-4pm, April 28 & 29.
- Car Show to benefit Wounded Warriors at Adventure Park USA, April 22, 10am-5pm. Fun for the entire family with rides and entertainment for everyone. See Adventure Park USA website for more details.
- The 3rd Annual Cakes for a Cause Cupcake Run – Sunday, April 15, 2012, beginning at 8 a.m. Starting from Monocacy Park, 409 Delaware Avenue. To register, go to bit.ly/cupcakerun
- April 28th at 10 a.m., the Habitat ReStore (622 N. Market Street) will host a Volunteer Kickoff Meeting
Dining Out in Frederick:
- La Paz
- Alexanders at Buckeystown
Enjoy Spring in Frederick!