November is 4 days away… you know what that means… 58 DAYS LEFT!! Let the Holiday Festivities begin!
First Saturday in Frederick
This coming Saturday, Nov. 4th, is themed “Holiday Open House”. It features an evening of carriage rides in downtown Frederick, trolley rides, special sales, food & wine tastings, art exhibit openings, guest artists and live entertainment. (see the Downtown Frederick Partnership Website for details)
Frederick Md Christmas Show
The Frederick Maryland Christmas Show will be at the Frederick Fairgrounds on W. Patrick Street, November 17, 18, 19 & November 24, 25 & 26. Friday & Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Frosty Friday in Downtown Frederick
Nov. 24th, 9 AM to 9 PM, Live entertainment, hot chocolate, and Frosty the Snowman, Scrooge, the Grinch, and Santa appear to liven up Christmas shopping in the Historic District.
Small Business Saturday
November 25th the Downtown Frederick Partnership supports small businesses, join the Shop Small movement in downtown Frederick.
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop-In Art Session, First Saturday, 3-5 pm. Also:
- Holiday Art Competition at Delaplaine. Nov. 29.
- Christmas with the Frederick Chorale, St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, Dec 3, and 4.
- Way Off Broadway, Christmas Cottage, A Children’s Theatre Christmas Carol, A HOLIDAY WHO DUNNIT? An Interactive Murder Mystery.
- Maryland Ensemble Theater: A Christmas Story, Junie B. Jones in Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! The Comedy Pigs. Touring: A Christmas Carol.
- At the Weinberg: An Evening with Dailey & Vincent, The Commonheart, Chamber Talks: Wayne Rivers, The United States Army Band “Pershing’s Own”, The Last Waltz, The Steel Wheels, Simply Three, The MADS: Live movie-riffing with MST3K’s Frank Conniff & Trace Beaulieu, Joe Nichols, Lightwire Theatre: A Very Electric Christmas, and more. Tuba Christmas, and A Weinberg Winterfest on November 25th, Admission is FREE.
- Frederick Community College: The Night Before Christmas, the Flute Choir, Big Band Jazz Ensemble.
- Handel’s Messiah, Nov. 18-19, Coffman Chapel, Hood College. Wind Ensemble Concert, Jazz Ensemble Concert, String Ensemble and Chamber Singers.
- Performing Arts Factory – Santa’s Christmas Day
- 34th Annual Valley Craft Network Studio Tour, A tour of 10 Artists Studios, Nov. 18-19. Middletown Valley. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Joyful Noise Handbells, Nov. 7, Calvary United Methodist Church, 131 W. 2nd St.
- Emmitsburg Community Chorus, Nov. 26, National Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton.
For Frederick Kids
- Adventure Park USA, Breakfast with Santa & Friends, Dec. 9.
- Earth & Space Science Lab, Mysteries of the Unseen World, Dinosaurs Alive!, 210 Madison St. Frederick, Md.
- Santa’s Arrival, Everedy Square and Shab Row, Nov. 24, 7 pm.
- Festival of Trees, starts December 10. Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St. Frederick
- Kris Kringle Procession, Fri. Dec. 8, 6:30 pm.
- Candlelight House Tour, December 2 and 3.
- Santa Trains, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Lawyer’s Farm Fall Fundraiser, Benefits American Brain Tumor Association and The American Cancer Society, Nov. 5th, 9 am to 7 pm.
- Way Station Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, Baker Park, Nov. 25, 7:45 am.
- The Frederick Rescue Mission welcomes food donations for Thanksgiving Dinner, as well as volunteers.
For History Buffs:
- Candlelight Ghost Tours, downtown Frederick. Friday’s and Saturday’s.
- Frederick County Public Library events: Music, Stories, Arts & Crafts, STEM Lab, games and more.
- Civil War Series – Spies in Frederick County, Nov. 12, Museum of Civil War Medicine. Clara Barton and Andersonville – Young Historians Series
- Festival of the Trees, Nov. 25 through Dec. 10, 10 am to 4 pm, Museum of Frederick County History, 24 E. Church St.
- Homefront Holidays, Brunswick Heritage Museum, Nov. 27
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Nov. 4-5, Elk Lodge #684
Holiday Festivals Around Frederick County
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad.
- Christmas in Middletown, Saturday, December 9, 2017: The Stone House Museum, 305 West Main Street, will be open for “Museums by Candlelight” from noon – 5 pm.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Westview Promenade, Nov. 18, 5 – 8 pm. Storybook characters to pose with children, music, hot cocoa and its free.
- Santa Arrives at 7 pm sharp in a horse-drawn carriage at Everedy Square and Shab Row. Nov. 24.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Santa Train 301-898-0899
- Scents & Sweets Competition with Auction, Nov 30, 5:30 pm. William Talley Rec Center.
- Festival of Lights, Dec. 15th, 7 pm. City Hall Courtyard
- Candlelight House Tour, Dec. 2-3.
Veterans Day Celebrations
- The United States Air Force Concert Band, playing at the Weinberg Theater November 11.
- 85th Annual Brunswick Veterans Parade, Nov. 5, Parade begins at 2 pm, opening ceremony at 1 pm. Square Corner Park, Downtown Brunswick
- 14th Annual Echo Taps, Nov. 11, Brass musicians line Market and 2nd Streets, each musician playing Taps in turn passing the call from Mt. Olivet to Memorial Park. Market St. and 2nd St. 10:40 pm – 11:00 pm. 301-694-0829
Consult the websites above for more wonderful Frederick events. If I missed anything, be sure to leave word in the comments, I’m happy to post your event. Times and dates are not guaranteed.
Thank you to those who contact us about local events! I’m happy to pass along the news in my posts and on 365 Frederick’s Facebook Page