First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for June’s First Saturday: I Art Downtown Frederick, is June 4th from 3 pm to 9 pm. The 23rd Frederick Festival of the Arts is the first weekend in June (June 3-5), and there will be art events throughout Frederick County the entire month. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website. Some other downtown Frederick events:
- Artomatic is in Frederick again for the third time, and will end on June 10th.
- Exotic Lumber Open House on First Saturday, 10 am to 3 pm. 329 E. 2nd St. 301.695.1271 Free admission. Mid-Maryland Wood Turners Club and other demos & Sale.
- Movie Night on the Creek is back! June 17, 8 pm to 11 pm: Independence Day. See the summer schedule here.
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held every Thursday, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and takes place from 5-8pm.
The Arts in Frederick
The 23rd Annual Festival of the Arts, along Carroll Creek in Downtown Frederick along Carroll Creek. This year there will be over 110 fine artists and craftsmen from across the country. Downtown Frederick, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, June 3-5.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 4.
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday’s @ 10 am.
- Levitt AMP Frederick Music Series, Carroll Creek Amphitheater, Tuesday, June 21, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM, June 21 through August 23.
- Dueling Pianos Downtown Frederick, The Faux School 35 S Carroll St, Frederick, MD 21701, Saturday, June 11, 2015 • 7:00 – 11:30 PM, Tickets here.
- 31st Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, June 19 to Sun June 21.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, June 11. “American Salute” at 7:30 p.m. at Jack B. Kussmaul Theater and will include pieces by Bernstein, Gershwin, Gould, Lowden, Sousa, and Tchaikovsky. Juilliard graduate and world-renowned piano soloist Thomas Pandolfi will also perform.
- Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out, self-guided tour, June 11.
- Easels in Frederick, June 11-18, in Downtown Frederick, The Region’s Premier Plein Air Event, See 30 Artists from 19 States at Work Outdoors at Their Easels
- Urbana Music Festival, June 18 2 pm to 7 pm, Urbana Regional Library & The Villages of Urbana. Music, Arts and Crafts. 301-600-1629
- Wednesday Night Concert Series at Westview Promenade, May 27 through August 26.
Theater in Frederick
- The Frederick Film Festival 8th Annual – Fri. June 25 – 27, 7 pm @ the Weinberg.
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Amazing Interactive Adventure 2, Superior Donuts, The Comedy Pigs, Carrie – the Musical, Summer Camps for Children now registering.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 24/7 Dance Studio Annual Recital, Ronnie Milsap in Concert and more.
- 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, playing at Way Off Broadway, Stinky Kids, the Musical in the Children’s Theatre.
- Coming in August: Anything Goes. Other Voices Theatre at the Performing Arts Factory
- Historic House Series: Best Farm Open House, June 18 – 19.
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History, Historic Downtown Frederick Walking Tours, and African American Heritage Walking Tour, June 25, Roger Brooke Taney House.
- Frontier Day, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, June 25.
- Hands On History Program, Historical Society of Frederick County, Third Wednesday of every month, 24 E. Church Street.301-663-1188
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Civil War Reenactment, June 4.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- The Original British Car Day, Lilypons Water Gardens, June 5. 8 am to 3 pm.
- VW Car Show, Shab Row, June 25, 9 am to 4 pm.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Hunter/Jumper Show, Lock Moy Farm, June 11, 12.
- Brunswick Downhill Mile Run, June 11, Square Corner Park, Brunswick
- Woodsboro Annual Fireman’s Carnival, June 1-7, 4:30 pm to 11 pm. Woodsboro Activities Complex & Carnival Grounds – Woodsboro, MD
- Independence Day Celebration, Middletown Community Park, July 2, 12 pm until 9:30 pm fireworks.
- Family Movie Night, Middletown Park, June 17, See Middletown Community Website
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 18, 6-9, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown.
- Antique Tractor, Gas Engine & Truck Show, June 10 – 12, Gladhill Tractor, 5509 Mt. Zion Road.
- Annual Frederick Pride June 25, 2016, Annual LGBTO festival.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. 80-year-old, coal-fired steam locomotive, Jesse James Day, June 11.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Festival, Sat. June 11, 12 am to 4.
- Planting Hope, Saturday June 4, 10 am, Frederick Fairgrounds. Lots of Free Services. Details on Facebook Page
- Charity Date Night Auction, benefits SHIP, Student Homelessness Initiative Partnership, Young Professionals Network Facebook Event
- Mission of Mercy Golf Classic at Holly Hills Country Club, Monday, June 13, Register now!
- Festa Italiana, June 11. To benefit Habitat for Humanity
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 24 – 25 (2014 Nationals raised over 11,000.00 for Charity!)
- Seton Legacy Golf Classic, June 27, The Links at Gettysburg.
- 2015 Paws N Claws 5K, Sat. June 25, Baker Park, supports the Animal Welfare League. Register in Advance.
- Golden Gears Car Club, Home Run Show @ Harry Grove Stadium, June 25th, 10 am to 3 pm,
- Frederick Business Women Networking Lunch June 29, 2016 @ 11:30 am. WBN Frederick Facebook Page.
For Frederick Foodies:
Frederick Area Wineries & Breweries:
- Live Music in the Vineyard, every weekend, Catoctin Breeze Vineyard
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, & Wine Down Friday’s.
- Linganore Winecellars, Friday Nights, Sunday’s on the Patio, Vine Rewind Festival and more
- Boat and Brew: June 11, Barley & Hops and River & Trail Outfitters, Monocacy River
June Progressive Dinner, Wed. June 17, 5:45 to 10:30 pm, Tickets here. (fund raising for Downtown Frederick Partnership)
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Frederick City Market in the Old Carmack Jay parking lot at 331 N. Market Street, open Sunday’s 9 am to 11 am.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Farmer’s Market, Thursday’s 3 to 6 pm.
- Carroll Creek Farmer’s Market, Tuesdays, 4:30 – 7:30 pm starting June 21.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Father’s Day is June 19th!
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Father’s Day Special
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick! Coming soon… my super mega post “Summer Events in Frederick”