The month of June is perfect for art lovers! Artists, art-lovers, both. First Saturday is themed I Art Frederick, June 2nd, from 5 pm to 9 pm.
Frederick Festival of the Arts
I Art Frederick. Frederick shows it’s appreciation for art!
June 1st through 3rd Frederick Festival of the Arts on Carroll Creek, and there will be art events throughout Frederick County the entire month. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website. Some other downtown Frederick events:
- Fine Art Installation at Sky Stage, June 1 – 3. 59 South Carroll Street, Free Event. There are lots of music events, performers, Open Mic night, Artist Market, and more.
- British Car Show, June 2nd, Everedy Square.
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held every Thursday, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and takes place from 5-8pm.
- There are a number of classes and events at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center this month. Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 3.
- Movie Night on the Creek: each 3rd Friday June through October. 9:00 PM – 11:30 PM. Starts June 15 with Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, July 20 Jaws, August 17, The Lego Movie, September 21, School of Rock (starts at 8 PM) and October 19 Nightmare Before Christmas (starts at 7 PM)
The Arts in Frederick
- Frederick Children’s Chorus Summer Camps
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm. Starts June 10th.
- Dueling Pianos Under the Stars, June 16, 7 pm to 10 pm, gates open at 6 pm. Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Tickets.
- Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out, self-guided tour, June 9th.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday’s @ 10 am. Starts June 28.
- Frederick Jazz Festival. Saturday, June 30, 12:00 PM – 7 PM. non-stop Jazz at Carroll Creek Amphitheater downtown. Online Tickets ($30) tickets will be $35 each at the door.
- 33rd Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, June 15 to Sun June 17.
- Swing Dancing, First Saturdays, 7 pm to 9:30 pm, $5, Evangelical Reformed Chapel
- Shab Row Third Saturday, Live Music. 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, FSO Meets the Beatles, June 15 and 16.
- Every 3rd Wednesday Night Concert Series at Westview Promenade, May 17 through September.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: A View from the Bridge, Winnie the Pooh, Coming: Be More Chill, Fun Camp Summer Camp. Win Tickets to Hamilton, Only 500 tickets will be sold. All proceeds to benefit Maryland Ensemble Theatre.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 24/7 Dance Studio Annual Recital, Over the Limit Comedy Fest, Dance Unlimited Dance Recital,ESP Dance Day, 1776 The Musical, Laurie Berkner, John Hiatt with the Goners, Whose Live Anyway? (Cast of the show “Whose Line is it Anyway?”), the 2018 Maryland Folk Festival, and more.
- Way Off Broadway, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, in the Children’s Theatre.
- Murder Ballad – A Rock Musical, McClintock Distillery, June 21st. Tickets $30.
- Sawbones – Historic Downtown Frederick Pub Crawl. June 3rd, 3 pm to 5 pm. National Museum of Civil War History and Flying Dog Brewery are collaborating, with tales from the Civil War. Free, Registration is Required.
- Civil War Artillary Demonstration – June 9th, Monocacy Battlefield,
- Stitches in Time, every 3rd Saturday through December 15 at Monocacy Battlefield.
- Twighlight Hikes at Monocacy Battlefield.
- Art & Architecture of Frederick, African American History, Civil War Walking Tours, Historic Frederick Walking Tours, various days at the Frederick County Museum of History, May through October.
- Drunk & Disorderly: Frederick in the Civil War Walking Tour. April through September. 301-631-1188
- Barnstormers Tour, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, June 9. Frontier Day has not been scheduled yet.
- Hands On History Program, Historical Society of Frederick County, Third Wednesday of every month, 24 E. Church Street. 301-663-1188
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Civil War Reenactments, May through September.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- The 41st Annual Original British Car Day, Lilypons Water Gardens, June 3. 8 am 2nd, 9 am to 4 pm.
- National Trails Day, June 2, always the first Saturday in June.
- Also, the Great American Campout. June 23rd.
- Brunswick Downhill Mile Run, June 9, Square Corner Park, Brunswick
- Family Movie Night, Middletown Park, June 15, See Middletown Community Website.
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 23, 6-9, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown.
- Antique Tractor, Gas Engine & Truck Show, June 8 – 9, Gladhill Tractor, 5509 Mt. Zion Road.
- Springfield Manor Winery & Distiller Lavender Festival. June 17, 9 am to 4 pm. 11836 Auburn Road, Thurmont, MD 21788
- Frederick Pride, June 23, 11 am to 6 pm, Carroll Creek Linear Park.
For Frederick Kids
- Something New! New Spire Arts Summer Workshops, There are several great workshops and summer camps for youth, and workshops for adults at New Spire Arts.
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions . 80-year-old, coal-fired steam locomotive, Father’s Day Special.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Picnic, Sat. June 9, 12 pm to 4.
Mission of Mercy, Brewer’s Alley Charity Day, June 5th all day. Grab your friends, family or co-workers and head to Brewer’s Alley! (20% of the days proceed will be donated to Mission of Mercy)
The Art of the Dog, 2nd annual fundraiser from Federated Charities. June 7, from 7 pm to 9 pm. $30 Tickets.
- Mission of Mercy Golf Classic at Holly Hills Country Club, June 18, Register now!
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 22 – 23 (2017 Nationals raised over 10,000.00 for Charity!)
- 2018 Paws N Claws 5K, Sat. June , Baker Park, supports the Animal Welfare League. Register in Advance.
- Golden Gears Car Club, Car Show for Veterans, June 30th, 11 am to 3 pm,
- Frederick Business Women Networking Lunch June 14. WBN Frederick Facebook Page.
For Frederick Foodies:
Market Street Food Tours, May through July.
Frederick Area Wineries & Breweries:
- 3rd Annual Frederick Wine Festival. June 9, Carroll Creek 12 noon to 3 pm and 4 to 7 pm. $40 Tickets.
- Live Music in the Vineyard, every weekend, Catoctin Breeze Vineyard
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, and Linganore Winecellars.
- Boat and Brew: River & Trail Outfitters.
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Frederick City Market in the Old Carmack Jay parking lot at 331 N. Market Street, open Sunday’s 9 am to 11 am.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Farmer’s Market, Thursday’s 3 to 6 pm.
- Carroll Creek Farmer’s Market, Tuesdays, 4:30 – 7:30 pm starting June 21.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Father’s Day is June 17th!
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Father’s Day Special 11 am.
- Check out all the great Frederick Restaurants for Fathers Day Specials
Independence Day Celebrations
- Emmitsburg Community Heritage Day June 30th
- Independence Day Celebration, Middletown Community Park, June 30, 12 pm until 9:30 pm fireworks.
- Walkersville Carnival, July 2nd – 7th. Fireworks Display on July 3rd, 10 pm.
- Mt. Airy Fireworks, July 3rd. 1008 Twin Arch Rd
- Emmitsburg Community Heritage Day June 30th
- Frederick’s 4th in Baker Park – Fireworks, Food, Children’s Activities, two stages of entertainment, from noon to dusk.
- Preservation Maryland has a list of Independence Day Celebrations throughout the state.
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick! Coming soon… my super mega post “Summer Events in Frederick”