Is It Really June?!
Frederick Festival of the Arts
June First Saturday: I Art Frederick. Also June 2, 3, and 4th Frederick Festival of the Arts is the first weekend in June on Carroll Creek, and there will be art events throughout Frederick County the entire month. Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website. Some other downtown Frederick events:
- Easels in Frederick, June 13-18, in Downtown Frederick, The Region’s Premier Plein Air Event, See 30 Artists from 19 States at Work Outdoors at Their Easels
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held every Thursday, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and takes place from 5-8pm.
- There are a number of classes and events at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center this month. Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 3.
- Movie Night on the Creek: each 3rd Friday June through October. 9:00 PM – 11:30 PM. Starts June 16 with E.T., July 21 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, August 18, Shrek, September 15, 10 Things I Hate About You (starts at 8 PM) and October 20 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (starts at 7 PM)
- Sky Stage is open with lots of music, performers, Open Mic night, Artist Market, and more.
The Arts in Frederick
- Frederick Children’s Chorus Alumni and Friends, “No One Is Alone” A recital, June 3, 4 PM – 5:30 PM, Frederick Presbyterian Church, 115 West Second St.
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday’s @ 10 am. Starts June 29.
- Dueling Pianos Under the Stars, Downtown Frederick, The Faux School, Frederick, MD 21701, Saturday, June 10, 2017 • 7:00 – 10:00 PM, Facebook Page.
- Frederick Camerata Concert (part of the Frederick Symphony Orchestra), June 24, 8 PM to 9PM, Basilica at The National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
- Frederick Jazz Festival. Saturday, June 17, 12:30 PM – 7 PM. non-stop Jazz at Carroll Creek Amphitheater downtown. Early Bird Tickets ($40) available until June 1. After June 1, tickets will be $50 each.
- 32nd Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, June 16 to Sun June 18.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, Celebrating their 20th Anniversary Season! Tribute to Classical Cinema. June 17, at 7:30 p.m. at Jack B. Kussmaul Theater. From their blog:
“The Symphony will begin with The Titanic Medley by American composer James Horner. This will be followed by selections based on William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, including Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet (also known as A Time for Us) by Italian composer Nino Rota and Romeo and Juliet Fantasy-Overture by Russian composer Pyotr Tchaikovsky.After intermission, Associate Conductor Andrew Rosenfeld and the FSO will perform the theme from Forrest Gump by American composers Alan Silvestri and Calvin Custer and selections from Phantom of the Opera by English composer Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Custer. The show will close with Symphonic Dances from West Side Story by American composer Leonard Bernstein. WOW!
- Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out, self-guided tour, June 10.
- Every 3rd Wednesday Night Concert Series at Westview Promenade, May 17 through September.
Theater in Frederick
- The Frederick Film Festival 9th Annual – June 23 – 25, @ the Weinberg.
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Fred’s Diner, The Magnificent Mouse Detective Agency, The Canterbury Tales: Love and Marriage, Heathers the Musical.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 24/7 Dance Studio Annual Recital, Dance Unlimited Recital, ESP Dance – “Lands Beyond Imagination”, Frederick Film Festival, and more.
- Happy Days – The Musical, playing at Way Off Broadway, Disney’s Cinderella Kids, in the Children’s Theatre. The Funeral Farce – An Interactive Mystery Event, June 9 – 10.
- Coming in August: The Secret Garden. Other Voices Theatre at the Performing Arts Factory
- Civil War Artillary Demonstration – June 3rd, Monocacy Battlefield
- Art & Architecture of Frederick, 2nd Saturdays at the Frederick County Museum of History, 11 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Drunk & Disorderly: Frederick in the Civil War Walking Tour. April through September. 301-631-1188
- Frontier Day, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, June 17.
- Hands On History Program, Historical Society of Frederick County, Third Wednesday of every month, 24 E. Church Street.301-663-1188
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Civil War Reenactments, May through September.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- The Original British Car Day, Lilypons Water Gardens, June 4. 8 am to 3 pm.
- Clustered Spires British Car Show, Shab Row, June 3, 9 am to 4 pm.
- Sugarloaf Mountain Hunter/Jumper Show, Lock Moy Farm, June.
- National Trails Day, June 3, Cunningham Falls State Park. Also, the Great American Campout. June 24.
- AOPA Wings ‘N Wheels, June 10, AOPA Headquarters at Frederick Municipal Airport. 10 am to 2 pm.
- Brunswick Downhill Mile Run, June 10, Square Corner Park, Brunswick
- Independence Day Celebration, Middletown Community Park, July 1, 12 pm until 9:30 pm fireworks.
- Family Movie Night, Middletown Park, June 9, See Middletown Community Website, several 250th year celebrations this summer.
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 17, 6-9, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown. Summer Garden Tour & Picnic, June 24.
- Antique Tractor, Gas Engine & Truck Show, June 9 – 11, Gladhill Tractor, 5509 Mt. Zion Road.
- Annual Frederick Pride June 24, 2016, Annual LGBTO festival. 11 AM to 6 PM
- Springfield Manor Winery & Distiller Lavender Festival. June 17, 9 am to 4 pm. 11836 Auburn Road, Thurmont, MD 21788
For Frederick Kids
- Something New! New Spire Arts Summer Workshop | Stage Combat, Wednesday, June 21, 1 PM – 4 PM. Workshop to learn how to choreograph fight scenes for films. Recommended for rising 6th graders to 12 graders. Limited to 40 students, fee $30. There are several great workshops for youth and adults at New Spire Arts.
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions . 80-year-old, coal-fired steam locomotive, Father’s Day Special.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Festival, Sat. June 10, 12 pm to 4.
- Planting Hope, Saturday June 2, 10 am, Frederick Fairgrounds. Lots of Free Services.
- Mission of Mercy Golf Classic at Holly Hills Country Club, Monday, June 12, Register now!
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 23 – 24 (2014 Nationals raised over 11,000.00 for Charity!)
- 2015 Paws N Claws 5K, Sat. June 24, Baker Park, supports the Animal Welfare League. Register in Advance.
- Golden Gears Car Club, Home Run Show @ Harry Grove Stadium, June 24th, 10 am to 3 pm,
- Frederick Business Women Networking Lunch June 8. WBN Frederick Facebook Page.
For Frederick Foodies:
Market Street Food Tours, May through July.
Frederick Area Wineries & Breweries:
- Live Music in the Vineyard, every weekend, Catoctin Breeze Vineyard
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, & Wine Down Friday’s.
- Linganore Winecellars, Art Festival June 24, Friday Nights, Sunday’s on the Patio, Vine Rewind Festival and more
- Boat and Brew: June 17 – October, Barley & Hops and River & Trail Outfitters, Monocacy River
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Frederick City Market in the Old Carmack Jay parking lot at 331 N. Market Street, open Sunday’s 9 am to 11 am.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Farmer’s Market, Thursday’s 3 to 6 pm.
- Carroll Creek Farmer’s Market, Tuesdays, 4:30 – 7:30 pm starting June 21.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Father’s Day is June 18th!
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Father’s Day Special
- Check out all the great Frederick Restaurants for Fathers Day Specials
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick! Coming soon… my super mega post “Summer Events in Frederick”