September Fun in Frederick Md
It’s time to transition into Fall! There are several noteworthy events in Frederick to celebrate our beautiful city during this season, including In the Street, Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, and the Great Frederick Fair! Opening in September: Fall Festivals/Pumpkin Patch/Corn Mazes!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for September’s First Saturday: Downtown Flavors. Enjoy in-store tastings this Saturday, September 2nd, from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Free Trolley Rides.
- Live Music several places downtown
- Dog-themed contests, prizes and merchandise.
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Five Alive The last Happy Hour events for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, Sept. 7, 14, 21, 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
- Movie Night on the Creek: Ten Things I Hate About You, Sept. 15, 8 pm.
In the Street
Downtown Frederick, 11 am-5 pm, Sept. 9th. See details at Celebrate Frederick
Market Street Mile, the morning of In the Street, benefits local charities. 8:45 to 10 am.
Up The Creek Party, 5 pm to 9 pm, Carroll Creek Amphitheatre. Live Music and drinks, must be 21+. One time $5.00 cover gets you into both Beer Gardens AND the Up the Creek Party.
Get it Downtown
Grace the Runway Fashion Show, Sept. 16, 6 pm to 9 pm, Monocacy Cannery, 150 S. East St. Fashions from several downtown stores. For tickets, contact Dena Whiten at 301.748.7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Whitney Whiten at 240.409.7499.
There are several grand openings in downtown Frederick this September and October! Check out the Eventbrite Page.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Complete Works of Shakespeare: Abridged, The Dinosaur Play. The Ensemble School has Fall classes, starting Sept. 11
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Storm Large, Craig Morgan, the American Stories Tour, Tombstone (1993 movie). The season takes off in October.
- Way Off Broadway, Sister Act, Elephant & Piggie’s “We Are in a Play!”.
- Fredericktown Players, Into the Woods
- Other Voices Theater, coming in October: Arsenic and Old Lace.
The Arts in Frederick
- Art at the Point Sept. 30, Annual Juried Arts Festival, Community Commons Park, Point of Rocks. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 2, 3-5 pm.
- Calvary’s Community Concert Series, starting Sept. 17, Calvary United Methodist Church. Free
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra Concert,
The Frederick Symphony Orchestra is performing Baroque Celebrations on Sept. 30 at 7:30 p.m. in Brodbeck Hall at Hood College.
The Symphony begins its 2017-2018 season with the inaugural Symphony Spotlights, a series of special concerts during the masterworks season. Concert tickets are available at http://www.mdtix.com/frederick
-symphony.html. All tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of the event based on seating arrangements.
- Also at Hood College: Frederick Portrait Group Exhibit, Alumni Art Show, Faculty Showcase Concert, Sept. 17, Hood Choir Performs for Peace, Sept. 24, AND: FCC’s 125th Anniversary is this year.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- 61st Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 8-10, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Thursday through Wednesday, Sept. 7-13. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
- The Great Frederick Fair, Sept. 15 – 23.
- Middletown Heritage Festival Days, Sept. 30.
- Girls in Aviation Day, Saturday, September 23, 10 am – 1 pm. AOPA National Aviation Community Center, 296 Bucheimer Road, for girls ages 8 to 16.
- September Horse Shows, Loch Moy Farm, Hunter/Jumper Shows, Dressage Shows, more on the website.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm., Jesse James Day, Civil War Re-enactors.
- Wednesdays At Westview Concert Series, Sept. 20, Westview Promenade.
- Children’s events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum, Family Fun Day Sept. 17.
- Frederick County Public Library Events
- Fall Festivals open in September…look below>
- Cowork Frederick 5-Year Anniversary Party. Sept. 26. 5:30 to 8:30. 122 East Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701
- On Wednesday, September 13th, the 2017 Unity Campaign will begin. You can make a difference in the lives of the 1 in 3 Frederick households struggling to afford basic human necessities. For more information, visit UnityFrederick.com.
- Funds for Causes, an online community fundraising site, shows current and upcoming fundraising events in the Frederick area.
- Grand Fondo National Championship, Sept. 17, 8 AM. Raises funds for SHIP of Frederick County.
- Fundly, another online site to raise funds for Families and Kids in the Frederick area.
- Pirate and Princess 5K fun run September 29, support Sophie and Madigan’s Playground!
For History Buffs:
- 25th Annual Conference on Civil War Medicine, Sept. 14, 5:30 through 17. National Museum of Civil War Medicine. also Frederick’s Civil War Series.
- History Walking Tours, Art & Architecture, African American Walking Tour, Drunk and Disorderly: Frederick in the Civil War, Roger Brook Taney House.
- Monocacy Battlefield Living History presentations.
- Family Fun-Day Sunday, Sept. 17 Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Park, Coming up: Fall Festival, Oct. 7-8.
- Civil War Walking Tours, Murder and Mayhem, Museum of Frederick County History also:
- Ice Cream Social, Sept. 2nd, 2 pm, Frederick County Museum of History, 24 E. Church Street.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays. Thurmont Carnival Grounds
- South Mountain Creamery Tours – 8305 Bolivar Rd. Middletown, MD 21769
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
- Frederick’s Octoberfest, September 29 – 30, Frederick Fairgrounds. Food, beer, contests, music. Buildings 8, 9, 10
Let the Fall Festivals Begin!
- Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch, Sept. 9 – Nov. 5
- Farm Eatz Family Food Truck Festival, Sept. 3rd, and Barnyard Bash Sept. 16 – 17, @ Green Meadows Petting Farm. 10102 Fingerboard Rd, Ijamsville.
- Lawyer’s Corn Maze,Pumpkin Patch & Fall Festival, Opens Sept. 23
- Summers Farm Annual Great Pumpkin Race, opens Sept. 23
- Green Meadows Farm Barnyard Bash, 2 days, Sept. 16-17. Opens Oct. 5th.
- Crumland Farms Screamland Farms, Double Bubble Fun Run, The Great Pumpkin Run, Zombie Paintball
The Great Frederick Fair
Enjoy the Fall♥ in Frederick! please feel free to share other events in the comments.