We’re all hoping for an Indian Summer in Frederick Md to aid our enjoyment of all the many fun activities!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for September’s First Saturday: Rock Around the Block. The music-lover’s event is this weekend, and there will be music throughout downtown Frederick.
- 50’s Costume Contest, A $50 gift card for the winner!
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Sock Hop
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
- Sponsored by Mt. St. Mary’s University, visit their booth at 30 N. Market & Square Corner
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
Five Alive The final Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, Sept. 6, 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
In the Street
Downtown Frederick, 9:30am-5pm, Sept. 8th. See details at Celebrate Frederick
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Alfred Hitchcock’s 39 Steps, Rikki Tikki Tavi (Squeee!)
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Jim Breuer, Standup Comedy; Back to the Future,
- Way Off Broadway, The Music Man, Disney’s Winnie the Pooh
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 1, 3-5 pm.
- Music on the Terrace, lunchtime every Friday in Sept., Carroll Creek Amphitheater
- Frederick Fashion Week, September 11 – 15, 2012, Cultural Arts Center
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra Trumpet player Andrew Balio @ Kussmaul Theater FCC, Sunday, Sept. 16, 3 pm. FREE
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Besides the monthly Carillon Recital at Baker park on the first Sunday of the month, there will be an additional recital on September 9th at 12:30
- Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 7-9, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 7-9. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
- 8th Annual Latino Festival, Sunday, Sept. 30, Frederick Community College
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. Including a Civil War Reenactors Train, Sept. 22.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row
- Timeline of History, weekend events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum
- Labor Day Cookout; Fall Car, Truck & Motocycle Super Show, Adventure Park USA
- The final Wing Eating Contest @ Canal Bar & Grill to benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation, Sept 2nd,
- Tough Mudder Event @ Crumland Farms, Sat.-Sun. Sept. 8- 9. Raises $ for Wounded Warrior.
- Bike for MS: September 29, Linganore Winecellers, Proceeds to benefit the National MS Society, Maryland Chapter.
- The 3rd Annual Great Pumpkin Race, Sept. 30, to benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. Summers Farm.
For History Buffs:
- Frederick Historical Society Book Club, every other Thursday, 7 pm. Frederick County History Museum.
- Sept. 21-22. One Vast Hospital: Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Maryland Campaign, there will be several events throughout the month. The Bjorlee Museum will serve as the Hospitality Center.
- More Information on Maryland’s Civil War Sesquicentennial
- “The Heart of the Civil War”: Film Premiere at the Weinberg, Sept. 4, 7 pm. A Maryland Public Television documentary film. FREE
- Civil War Walking Tour – Sept. 1 and 15, 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- Charity Afire Exhibit @ Seton Heritage in Emmitsburg, through December 31.
- War of 1812 Exhibit @ Roger Brooke Taney House, through December 8.
- Lots of events at the Brunswick Railroad Museum this month. Including a World War I Encampment on Sept. 2, 10 am to 5 pm.
- Battle of South Mountain and Battle of Antietam Reenactments, Sat.-Sun. Sept 8, 9th.
9/11 Remembrance Ceremony
- City of Brunswick Square Corner Park, 5:30 pm.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Fall Festivals Begin!
The Great Frederick Fair
September 14-22, The 150th Great Frederick Fair!
Enjoy Indian Summer♥ in Frederick!
* * *