February ♥ in Frederick Md 2014
February is full of things to do in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for February’s First Saturday (Feb. 1st) is “Fire In Ice”, a favorite First Saturday, with over 30 beautiful ice sculptures sponsored by downtown merchants and Mount Saint Mary’s University Frederick Campus. Some of the fun events:
- Fire Dancers
- Live ice carving demonstration
- Interactive ice playground for the kids
- S’mores and Hot Chocolate
- Live Music on several corners
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Ice Sculpture in the making:
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- CoWork Frederick Artist of the Month – Music from Pretty Gritty, First Saturday, 5 to 7 pm.
- Weinberg Performances for February, Tamika Moore/Kenny Wesley, Paula Roundstone, Red Molly Grand Derangement, The Acting Company and more.
- Also @ The Weinberg: The Frederick Speaker Series, Brian Billick.
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf, The Comedy Pigs, The Comedia Princess and the Pea, Starting Feb. 10, acting and improv classes.
- The Sound of Music @ Way Off Broadway, 5 Willowtree Dr. Frederick, Also, Tilly the Trickster
- Fredericktowne Players at FCC, See How They Run, Feb. 1st and 7, 8, 9, Frederick Community College
- also: Odyssey Opera Theatre, Frederick Community College, Feb. 16.
- Other Voices Theatre, The Odd Couple: Female Version, Jan. 31, Feb. 1, 7, 8 at 8 pm, Feb. 9 at 2 pm. Performing Arts Factory, 244 S. Jefferson St.
- Art Activity, Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Feb 1.
- Civil War Discussions, Feb. 19, National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E. Patrick Street, plus other exhibits.
- Black History Celebration, Jackson Chapel UMC, 5609 Ballenger Creek Pike, Feb. 22.
- The United States Colored Troops & the Spirit of Freedom (exhibit), Harpers Ferry Ntl. Historical Park, Feb. 2nd
- Antique Tractor Club Annual Toy Auction and Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Feb. 8-9.
- Victorian Tea and Valentine Workshop, Brunswick Railroad Museum, Feb. 9, 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Frederick County Society of Model Engineers Open House, Feb. 2, 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Olympics Extravaganza – Wed. Feb. 5, 4 pm to 5:30. C.Burr Artz Public Library, 110 E. Patrick St. See all the fun events at the library.
- Earth & Space Science Laboratory, Extreme Planets, Seven Wonders, Two Small Pieces of Glass. 210 Madison St. Frederick
- Cabin Fever Indoor Beach Party at Adventure Park USA. Feb 15. also: Win A Birthday Party! See the website.
- Valentine Bookmark Making Activity, Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, 15 E. Patrick St. Feb 1, 2014.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
- Funds for the Cause – Online fundraiser for Downtown Frederick Partnership, Mon. Feb. 3 through Thurs. Feb. 6th. See details on the website.
- Partnership Percentage Days – Six East Salon and Spa, a portion of proceeds go to the Downtown Frederick Partnership, Tues. Feb. 11, 10 am to 8 pm. 6 E. Church Street.
Dining Out in Frederick:
- Downtown Cooking School – Sat. Feb. 22 & Sun. Feb. 23. Several downtown restaurants participate, benefits Downtown Frederick Partnership. Information and tickets here.
- The Winter Progressive Dinner – Tuesday, February 25, 2012 from 6pm-10pm.
- Sweetheart Special Dinner Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Special Valentine’s Day Menus at several local restaurants.
Frederick Wine Trail:
- Maryland Wine Passport Experience, Various Wineries in Frederick County. Feb. 22 – 23
- Linganore Wine Cellars: Cask to Kisses Wine & Chocolate Pairing, all month.
- Black Ankle Vineyards: Upcoming Mediterranean Cruise! Aug. 5th through 15th, 2014.
- Elk Run Vineyard: Tasting classes. Valentines Wine Tasting, Wine and Chocolate
Celebrating Valentines Day ♥
- Clifford the Big Red Dog Movie: Be My Big Red Valentine, C. Burr Artz Public Library, 2:30 to 4 pm. ages 3 to 5.
- Victorian Tea and Valentine Workshop, Brunswick Railroad Museum, Feb. 8, 12 pm to 3 pm.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!