February ♥ in Frederick Md 2015
February is full of things to do in Frederick Md. The cold weather is perfect for some ice sculptures!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for February’s First Saturday (Feb. 7th) is “Fire In Ice”, a favorite First Saturday, with dozens of bcreative ice sculptures sponsored by downtown merchants and Mount Saint Mary’s University Frederick Campus. Some of the fun events:
- Ice Throne and Playground on the Creek (by La Paz)
- Live ice carving demonstration
- Fire Dancers
- S’mores and Hot Cocoa at 30 N. Market Street
- Live Music on several corners
- Gallery exhibit openings (Starting First Friday’s)
- and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for February, Frederick Reads Poetry Series, In the Mood – 1940’s Big Band Song & Dance Review, Arlo Guthrie, Spyro Gyra, Menopause the Musical, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and more.
- Also at the Weinberg for the kids: Fly Guy & Other Stories, Feb. 23.
- The American Conservation Film Festival presents its 1st: Best of Fest of 2015! Feb. 28 at the Weinberg. Read more and get Tickets.
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre The Last Hurrah, The Arsonist, The Comedy Pigs, Little Prince, Dan Meyer Choir, Starting Feb. The Ensemble School Winter/Spring Session, acting and improv classes.
- Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None @ Way Off Broadway, 5 Willowtree Dr. Frederick, Also, The Berenstain Bears
- Natthan Waters Photography, Frederick Community College, Feb. 7 – March 4.
- The Wizard of Oz, Feb. 27 – March 8, The Performing Arts Factory. Other Voices Theatre, Acting Classes, Dance and Voice Classes.
- Drop-In Art Activity, Delaplaine Visual Arts Center, Feb 7.
- Hands On History Scavenger Hunt, Feb. 7th. Frederick County History Museum, 24 East Church St. Frederick.
- History Lover’s Dinner, The Wine Kitchen, Feb. 9th, 6 pm – 9 pm.
- Civil War Discussions, Feb. 7, National Museum of Civil War Medicine, 48 E. Patrick Street, plus other exhibits.
- Frederick Coin and Currency Show, Feb. 21-22nd, May 23-24, Nov. 21-22. Elk Lodge, 289 Willowdale Dr.
- Black History Celebration, Jackson Chapel UMC, 5609 Ballenger Creek Pike, Feb. 22.
- The United States Colored Troops & the Spirit of Freedom (exhibit), Harpers Ferry Ntl. Historical Park, Feb. 2nd
- Antique Tractor Club Annual Toy Auction and Show, Frederick Fairgrounds, Feb. 8-9.
- Victorian Tea and Valentine Workshop, Brunswick Railroad Museum, Feb. 14.
- Frederick County Society of Model Engineers Open House, Feb. 1, 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Frederick County Daddy Daughter Dance, Feb. 7th, Frederick County Fair Grounds, 301-600-2983
- Earth & Space Science Laboratory, Planetarium Shows: New Horizons – Understanding Dwarf Planet Pluto, Stars of the Pharoahs, Seven Wonders, Planet for Goldilocks, Saturn: Jewel of the Heavens, Secrets of the Sun, Dawn of the Space Age. 210 Madison St. Frederick
- Hello Kitty Breakfast, Feb. 7th at Adventure Park USA.
- See all the Children’s Activities at Dancing Bear Toys & Gifts, 15 E. Patrick St. Feb 2015.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
- Paws and Planes, Sat. Feb. 21, 9 am. National Aviation Community Center at the Frederick Airport. Kids learn about aviation and dogs, Organized by the authors of children’s book Turbo the Flying Dog.
- 7th Annual Brunswick St. Jude Bass Tournament, Feb. 7th.
- Bets 4 Pets Casino Night, Feb. 21, 7 pm to 11 pm, Musket Ridge Golf Club, proceeds support Spay/neuter of feral cats in Frederick County.
- Funds for the Cause – Online fundraiser for Downtown Frederick Partnership, Mon. Feb. 3 through Thurs. Feb. 6th. See details on the website.
- Partnership Percentage Days – Six East Salon and Spa, a portion of proceeds go to the Downtown Frederick Partnership, Tues. Feb. 11, 10 am to 8 pm. 6 E. Church Street.
- Bowl for the Cure, Susan G. Komen. March 1st, Southside Bolw in Hagerstown.
Frederick Keys “Job Fair”, Feb. 24 – 25, Harry Grove Stadium, 6 pm to 8 pm.
Dining Out in Frederick:
- History Lover’s Dinner, The Wine Kitchen, Feb. 9th, 6 pm – 9 pm.Downtown Cooking School – Sat. Feb. 21 & Sun. Feb. 22. Several downtown restaurants participate, benefits Downtown Frederick Partnership. Information and tickets here.
- Sweetheart Special Dinner Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Special Valentine’s Day Menus at several local restaurants.
Frederick Wine Trail:
- Maryland Wine Passport Experience, Various Wineries in Frederick County.
- Linganore Wine Cellars: Barrel Tasting, Feb. 7th, Days of Wine and Roses, Feb. 7-9, 13-15. Wine and Chocolate all month.
- Black Ankle Vineyards: Tastings and Member Events
- Elk Run Vineyard: Valentine Wine Tasting, Wine and Chocolate
Celebrating Valentines Day ♥
- Sweetheart Dance and Valentine Bingo, C. Burr Artz Public Library, 2:00 to 3:30 pm. See Lots of events at the Public Library.
- Victorian Tea and Valentine Workshop, Brunswick Railroad Museum, Feb. 14..
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!