Happy New Year 2014 ♥ in Frederick Md
The holiday frenzy is winding down, it’s time to “Wine Down” in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for January’s First Saturday (Jan. 4th) is “Downtown Wine Down”, a time to relax after the Holidays.
- Complimentary Messages
- Wine Tastings
- Live Jazz Music
- Gallery Openings
- Chocolate Tastings!
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
January Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for January, Pinocchio, “1964″ – The Tribute, Freedom Train , Maryland International Kids Filmfest, The Four Tops, The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, and more.
- January at Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Comedy Pigs, Winter Spring Ensemble School Classes are open for registration.
- Way Off Broadway: The Sound of Music, Tilly the Trickster.
History In Frederick
- Model Train Open House, through Feb. 2. 423 E. Patrick St.
For the Kids
- Ausherman Planetarium: Black Holes, Extreme Planets
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland Light Show – through Jan 5. Adventure Park USA.
- Dinosaur Train: Buddy’s Big Adventure, Interactive play at the Weinberg, Jan. 16.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
New Year’s Celebrations
- Second Annual New Year’s Eve Key Drop, Dec. 31st. Midnight @ the Suspension bridge over Carroll Creek
- Family New Year’s Eve Celebration @ Adventure Park USA, 9 pm to 12:30.
- Polar Plunge Party at Lake Royer, Jan. 1. Cascade Md.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!