What a pleasant summer it’s been in Frederick Md! here are some fun events coming in August in Frederick Md:
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for August’s First Saturday: Art Attack, August 4, 2016, this month the event lasts all day, from 10 am to 9 pm.
- Use the hashtag #IARTDowntownFrederick
- Live Music several places downtown
- First Saturday Trolley, runs every 15 minutes from 3 pm – 9 pm, live music ON the trolley!
- Downtown Scavenger Hunt @ Surelocked Escape Games
- Art Gallery Exhibits
- Live Art – Plein Air in Downtown Frederick
- Chalk Art
- Interactive Art Project @ 33 E. Patrick Street
- Give-Away’s, Tastings, and specials in many shops
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour Thursdays through Sept. 21st at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY.
- Frederick City Market -Located in the old Carmack Jays parking lot, between 3rd and 4th Sts. Check it out on Sundays from 9 AM to 1 pm.
- Everedy Square and Shab Row Farmers Market – Thursdays, 3 pm to 6 pm.
- Carroll Creek Farmers Market, Tuesdays, through Aug. 23rd, 4:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Family Movie Night on the Creek, August 17 , 9 pm – 11 pm. Feature: “The Lego Movie”
- Shab Row Third Saturday, live music with Kindred Crow.
- Events at SkyStage.
Frederick History Buffs
- Civil War Walking Tours, Drunk & Disorderly Walking Tour, African American History Tours, Museum of Frederick County History, 301-662-1188. also:
- Civil War Events in Maryland
- Infantry Day, Monocacy National Battlefield, August 11th. Also:
- Founders Day at Monocacy National Battlefield, August 25th with the 102nd Anniversary of the National Park Service.
- History Tours, Roger Brook Taney House, There are several walking tours with the Frederick Historical Society. Art & Architecture Walking Tour, Little Explorers Walking Tour, and Civil War Walking Tour.
- Threshing Days @ Rose Hill Manor Museum, August 4-5.
- WWII Days @ Rose Hill Manor Museum, August 18. Living History and antique car show.
Theater in Frederick
- New: Spire Arts Summer Workshops | Choreography, Directing, and more… classes for adults and classes.
- MET’s First Annual Drag Ball, Hometown Heroes, The Island of Dr. Moreau Remix , Summer Camp 2018.
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, playing at Way Off Broadway and Annie coming in September.
- At the Weinberg, Season Tickets are available August 9.
- Fredericktowne Players – New Season in September – Into the Woods
- Other Voices Theatre August: Chicago; New Season: Blithe Spirit, Frosty the Snowman, First Date, You’re A Good Man Charlie Brown, Young Frankenstein
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages, Aug. 4th. Also, Summer Art Camps for all ages.
- Several Gallery Shows Throughout the month in downtown Frederick.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, August 11, at 7:30 p.m. at the Seton Basilica Emmitsburg; and August 12 at Frederick Presbyterian Church 115 W. Second Street, in Frederick.
- Clair Jones Concert, Harpist, August 5th, Basilica at the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Summer Concert Series in Baker Park, Sundays 7 pm at the Bandshell
- Summerfest Family Theater, Thursdays, 10:00 AM, Baker Park
- Sunday Carillon Concert in Baker Park, 12:30 – Sundays.
- Wednesday Night Concert Series at Westview Promenade, 6 – 8 pm.
- Middletown National Night Out, Tuesday, August 7th, Middletown Carnival Grounds, 5:30 to 8:30 pm Middletown
- It’s the 102nd Birthday of the National Park Service! Five National Parks are located in and around Frederick County. Look for special events.
- Potomac Street Mile, August 25, Fun for all ages, Square Corner Park.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Drop in art activities at the Delaplaine, August 4th. Also, Summer Art Camps for all ages.
- The Earth Space & Science Lab has planetarium shows throughout the summer, see shows and purchase tickets at their website. Also Summer Camps at the ESSL.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad – Teddy Bear Train, Jesse James Day, Superhero Day
- Summer Movie Express $1 movies, Westview Promenade’s Regal Cinemas, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, through Aug. 23, @ 10 am.
- Ice Cream Social “Brain Freeze!” @ Potter’s Guild of Frederick, August 4, 2 pm – 8 pm. 14 S. Market St. $20 adults, $10 children, take home a beautiful bowl. Benefits Frederick Rescue Mission.
- Women’s Distance Festival & Fun Run, Aug. 4th, Plus: Little Women 1K Fun Run for younger runners. Proceeds to Women’s Giving Circle. Takes place at Frederick Community College.
- The California Guitar Trio Benefit Concert, All Saints’ Episcopal Church, September 12, 7 pm – 10 pm. Get Tickets. Benefits Frederick Rescue Mission.
- Dynamic Auto 10th Annual Car Show. August 5th. 8824 Urbana Church Rd Frederick, MD 21704 Benefits Second Chance Garage. Come enjoy the day at Dynamic Automotive in Urbana’s 10th Annual Car Show! Food, games, cars and FUN! See Details on the Facebook Event Page.
- 7th Annual Tour De Frederick, Bicycle Tour, History Ride on Friday, August 10-12 .Proceeds to Boys and Girls Club of Frederick, and The Rotary Club. On Saturday, several rides. Online Registration.
- The National Clustered Spires High Wheel Race is a unique racing event set to take the streets of historic downtown Frederick, featuring riders of antique or replica high wheel bicycles. Free for Spectators, Aug. 11, 4 pm to 5:30 pm in front of Brewers Alley Restaurant.
- The 9th Annual Tommy West Memorial Ride, Aug. 18, 9:30 am. Thurmont American Legion Pavilion, supports several Thurmont groups.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Farmer’s Markets Open –I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
- Farmer’s Market every Saturday at the Frederick Fairgrounds, 8 am.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad serves a 4-course dinner in their elegant dining car. and: Murder Mystery Dinner Trains
- South Mountain Creamery Tours, Monday through Friday through Oct. 31.
- Fireside Fridays @ Black Ankle Vineyards, Live music and wine
- Elk Run Summer Wine Down Friday
- Sunday Live Music @ Linganore Winecellars Wine and Food Pairings.
- Live Music and tastings at Big Cork Vinyards, in Rohrorsville.
Enjoy The Summer in Frederick! If you know of any events I’ve missed, please feel free to add in the comments!