Summer’s Over. ☹️ ….but…pumpkins! 😀
Fun Things to Do in September in Frederick Md
Fall is around the corner, with lots of festivities! There are lots of ways to celebrate our beautiful city during this season, including In the Street, Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, and the Great Frederick Fair! Fall Festivals/Pumpkin Patch/Corn Mazes all open in September!
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for September’s First Saturday: Get It Downtown. Enjoy this Saturday, September 1st, from 5 pm to 9 pm.
- Free Trolley Rides.
- Live Music several places downtown
- Tastings, contests, prizes and merchandise.
- Several Art Exhibit Openings
September 1- Renn Fest in the City at Everedy Square and Shab Row
Free Event! Wear your lord and lady costumes. Entertainment from 12 noon to 5 pm.
Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- Monthly Swing Dancing, Sept. 1st. Evangelical Reformed Chapel, 10 W Church St.
- Alive at Five. The last Happy Hour events for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Thursday, Sept. 6, 13, 20, 27 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $5, 21+ ONLY.
- Movie Night on the Creek: School of Rock, Sept. 21, 8 pm.
In the Street
Downtown Frederick, 11 am-5 pm, Sept. 8th. See details at Celebrate Frederick
Market Street Mile, the morning of In the Street, benefits local charities. 8:45 to 10 am.
Up The Creek Party, 5 pm to 9 pm, Carroll Creek Amphitheatre. Live Music and drinks, must be 21+. One time $5.00 cover gets you into both Beer Gardens AND the Up the Creek Party.
Get it Downtown
There are several grand openings in downtown Frederick this September and October! Check out the Eventbrite Page.
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Hand to God; Click,Clack,Moo, Super: The Musical. Met Comedy Night. The Ensemble School has Fall classes.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: Sal “The Vocie” Valentinetti, The Tale of the Lion: Our Stories, Our Voices; Toad the Wet Sprocket, Coming to America.
- Way Off Broadway, Annie, Coming: Silver Bells; The Berenstain Bears on Stage!
- Fredericktown Players, The Annual Meeting will take place on Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 4:00pm at the FtP Studio in Frederick.
- Other Voices Theater, coming in October: Blithe Spirit.
The Arts in Frederick
- Art at the Point Sept. 29, Annual Juried Arts Festival, Community Commons Park, Point of Rocks. 10 am to 5 pm.
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. Saturday Sept. 1st.
- Calvary’s Community Concert Series, starting Sept. 23, Calvary United Methodist Church. Free to the public.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, 23rd Season: Sound in Color.
- Dueling Pianos, Fraternal Order of the Eagles, 216 E Patrick St. Frederick, MD 21701, Sept. 29
Frederick Great Outdoors
- 62nd Thurmont & Emmitsburg Community Fair, Friday through Sunday, Sept. 8-10, Catoctin High School
- Saints Peter and Paul Greek Festival, Thursday, September 7, 2017 • 11:00 AM – Wednesday, September 13, 2017 • 8:00 PM. 920 W. 7th Street in Frederick.
- Middletown Heritage Festival Days, Sept. 29.
- Girls in Aviation Day, Saturday, October 13, 9 am – 12 pm. AOPA National Aviation Community Center, 296 Bucheimer Road, for girls ages 8 to 16.
- September Horse Shows, Loch Moy Farm, Hunter/Jumper Shows, Dressage Shows, more on the website.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm., Jesse James Day, Civil War Re-enactors.
- Wednesdays At Westview Concert Series, Westview Promenade.
- Children’s events at Rose Hill Manor Park and Museum, Family Fun Day Sept. 16.
- Frederick County Public Library Events
- Fall Festivals open in September…look below>
- On Wednesday, September 11th – 23rd, the 2018 Unity Campaign. You can make a difference in the lives of the 1 in 3 Frederick households struggling to afford basic human necessities. For more information, visit UnityFrederick.com.
- Funds for Causes, an online community fundraising site, shows current and upcoming fundraising events in the Frederick area.
- Fundly, another online site to raise funds for Families and Kids in the Frederick area.
For History Buffs:
- Events @ Civil War Medicine, Walking Tours National Museum of Civil War Medicine. also Frederick’s Civil War Series.
- History Walking Tours, Art & Architecture, African American Walking Tour, Drunk and Disorderly: Frederick in the Civil War, Roger Brook Taney House.
- Monocacy Battlefield Living History presentations.
- Family Fun-Day Sunday, Sept. 16 Children’s Museum of Rose Hill Manor Park, Coming up: Fall Festival, Oct. 6-7.
- Civil War Walking Tours, Murder and Mayhem, Museum of Frederick County History also:
- Ice Cream Social, Sept. 1st, 2 pm – 5 pm, Free. Frederick County Museum of History, 24 E. Church Street.
For Frederick Foodies:
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market still open on Saturdays. Thurmont Carnival Grounds
- South Mountain Creamery Tours – 8305 Bolivar Rd. Middletown, MD 21769
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
- Frederick’s Octoberfest, September 28 – 29, Frederick Fairgrounds. Food, beer, contests, music. Buildings 8, 9, 10
Let the Fall Festivals Begin!
- Gaver Farm Pumpkin Patch, Sept. 7 – Nov. 4
- Barnyard Bash Sept. 15 – 16, @ Green Meadows Petting Farm. 10102 Fingerboard Rd, Ijamsville.
- Lawyer’s Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch & Fall Festival, Opens Sept. 22
- Summers Farm Annual Great Pumpkin Race, opens Sept. 22
- Crumland Farms opens Sept. 28 – Nov. 3. Screamland Farms, Double Bubble Fun Run, The Great Pumpkin Run, Zombie Paintball
The Great Frederick Fair
Enjoy the Fall♥ in Frederick! please feel free to share other events in the comments.