First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for June’s First Saturday: I Art Downtown Frederick, is sponsored by Comstock Homes. The 22nd Frederick Festival of the Arts is the first weekend in June (June 6-7), and there will be artistic events throughout Frederick County the entire month. Frederick is a growing arts community!
- Live Art Demonstrations
- Live Music several places downtown
- Free Trolley Rides
- Art Auction
- Find Details at the Downtown Frederick Partnership website.
- First Saturday’s Church Tour at Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. 31 E. Church St
- Alive @ Five Happy Hour for the summer months at the Carroll Creek Amphitheater. Alive @ Five is held every Thursday, Admission is $5, all events are 21+ ONLY and takes place from 5-8pm.
New: Comedy On The Creek- Vic Dibitetto Live!, Friday, June 5, 2015 • 7:00 PM
The Arts in Frederick
The 22st Annual Festival of the Arts, along Carroll Creek in Downtown Frederick along Carroll Creek. This year there will be over 110 fine artists and craftsmen from across the country. Downtown Frederick, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, June 6-8.
- National Juried Art Exhibit, May 2, 2015 through June 20, 2015, Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Drop in art activities for all ages. June 6.
- Summer Concert Series @ Baker Park Bandshell, Sunday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Summerfest Family Theatre @ Baker Park Bandshell, Thursday evenings @ 7 pm.
- Levitt AMP Frederick Music Series, Carroll Creek Amphitheater, Tuesday, June 16, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM, June 16 through August 18.
- Dueling Pianos Downtown Frederick, The Faux School 35 S Carroll St, Frederick, MD 21701, Saturday, June 6, 2015 • 7:00 – 11:30 PM, Tickets here.
- New Romance Band- 80s Party, Sun. June 21, 9 PM to 1 AM. The Faux School.
- U.S. Army Soldier Show, June 18, Fort Detrick. 6 pm. Free Admission.
- 27th Annual Spring Catoctin Mountain Music and Dance Weekend, June 19 to Sun June 21.
- Frederick Symphony Orchestra, “Swashbucklers and Buckaroos” JB Kussmaul Theater at FCC, June 12 and 13th.
- Summer Chamber Music Festival, June 25th, Hood College.
- Barnstormers Tour and Plein Air Paint-Out, self-guided tour, June 13.
- Easels in Frederick, June 15-20, in Downtown Frederick, The Region’s Premier Plein Air Event, See 30 Artists from 19 States at Work Outdoors at Their Easels
- Urbana Music Festival, June 20 2 pm to 7 pm, Urbana Regional Library & The Villages of Urbana. Music, Arts and Crafts. 301-600-1629
- Wednesday Night Concert Series at Westview Promenade, May 27 through August 26.
Theater in Frederick
A new theater troup in Frederick, In the Wings Theatre, will be doing summer shows, and this summer you can enjoy Godspell on June 19, 20 and 21st. Read details on their Facebook Event Page.
- The Frederick Film Festival 7th Annual – Fri. June 26 – 28, 7 pm @ the Weinberg.
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: Good People, The Comedy Pigs, A Wish Come True, Summer Camps for Children now registering.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 24/7 Dance Studio Annual Recital, ESP Goes Live, more.
- West Side Story playing at Way Off Broadway, Wizard of Oz in the Children’s Theatre.
- Driving Miss Daisy, Other Voices Theatre at the Performing Arts Factory
- Civil War Walking Tour – Saturdays 11 am, Museum of Frederick County History
- African American Heritage Walking Tour, June 27, Roger Brooke Taney House.
- Trial of the Lincoln Conspirators, June 13, Monocacy National Battlefield.
- Frontier Day, Schifferstadt Architectural Museum, June 20.
- Hands On History Program, Historical Society of Frederick County, Third Wednesday of every month, 24 E. Church Street.301-663-1188
Frederick Great Outdoors
- The Original British Car Day, Lilypons Water Gardens, June 7.
- Annual Gas Engine, Tractor and Truck Show, June 6, 7, and 8, Gladhill Tractor Mart, Frederick
- Brunswick Downhill Mile Run, June 13, Square Corner Park, Brunswick
- Alpaca Babypalooza! Sugarloaf Alpaca Company Farm, June 27-28.
- Woodsboro Annual Fireman’s Carnival, June 1-7, 4:30 pm to 11 pm. Woodsboro Activities Complex & Carnival Grounds – Woodsboro, MD
- Independence Day Celebration, Middletown Community Park, June 27, 12 pm until 9:30 pm fireworks.
- Family Movie Night, Middletown Park, June 12, See Middletown Community Website
- Music in the Garden Twilight Walk, June 20, 6-9, Surrybrooke Gardens in Middletown.
- AOPA Fly-In, Airline Owners and Pilots Association, Starts: 8:00 am Ends: 4:00 pm, June 6, 2015 Frederick Fairgrounds, also Movie Night, June 20.
- Antique Tractor, Gas Engine & Truck Show, June 12 – 14, Gladhill Tractor, 5509 Mt. Zion Road.
- Fourth Annual Frederick Pride June 27, 2015, Annual LGBTO festival.
For Frederick Kids
- History Hour first and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. 80-year-old, coal-fired steam locomotive, Jesse James Day, June 13, July 11, Aug. 8, Sept. 12.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Teddy Bear Festival, Sat. June 13, 12 am to 4.
- Mission of Mercy Golf Classic at Holly Hills Country Club, Monday, June 15, Register now!
10:00 AM – Player registration12:00 PM – Shotgun Start5:00 PM – Surf ‘n’ Turf Dinner5:30 PM – Awards, Raffle Winners, Live Auction
- Coffee With A Cop, June 6, Seed of Life Café, 629 N. Market St., 8am -10 am for coffee and conversation with your community and local Police Officers.
- Downtown Cornhole Classic, fundraiser for Downtown Frederick Partnership, June 20, 1 pm to 4 pm. over 21 event, Sweet Water Brewery beer, local wine/sangria and local food – See more
- Camero Nationals @ Frederick Fairgrounds, June 26 – 27 (2014 Nationals raised over 11,000.00 for Charity!)
- Seton Legacy Golf Classic, June 15, The Links at Gettysburg.
- 2015 Paws N Claws 5K, Sat. June 27, Baker Park, supports the Animal Welfare League. Register in Advance.
- Lab Rescue – Adoption Event, June 7, PetSmart, Urbana Pike
- Golden Gears Car Club, Cruise-In @ Westview Promenade, June 27th, 10 am to 3 pm,
For Frederick Foodies:
Frederick Area Wineries & Breweries:
- Elk Run Jazz Festival, & Wine Down Friday’s.
- Linganore Winecellars, Vine Rewind Festival and more
- Boat and Brew: Barley & Hops and River & Trail Outfitters, Monocacy River
June Progressive Dinner, Wed. June 17, 5:45 to 10:30 pm, Tickets here. (fund raising for Downtown Frederick Partnership)
Frederick Beer Week, May 29 to June 6th, 15th Annual BrewFest – June 6, 12 pm to 6 pm, Stillpoint Farm, Mt. Airy
Farmer’s Markets Open!
- Frederick City Market in the Old Carmack Jay parking lot at 331 N. Market Street, open Sunday’s 9 am to 11 am.
- Everedy Square & Shab Row Farmer’s Market, Thursday’s 3 to 6 pm.
- Thurmont Flea and Farmer’s Market open on Saturdays.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Enjoy Summer♥ in Frederick! Coming soon… my super mega post “Summer Events in Frederick”