Spring is Around the Corner in Frederick Md
It looks like Punxsutawney Phil wasn’t far off this year. But we can hope, right?! Here are some great events to enjoy in March.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for March’s First Saturday is “Downtown Revealed”. From 3 to 9 pm, Saturday, March 3rd in downtown Frederick.
Some of the fun events:
- Live Music in several locations
- Free Trolley Rides from 3 to 9. Five stops include: Pistarro’s, Little Pottery Shop, Spin the Bottle Wine Co., Brewer’s Alley, and Bravura Arts and Framing.
- Wine Tastings
- Gallery exhibit openings and more…
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
Did you know you can participate in the downtown social media sphere on Twitter and Instagram? use @DwntwnFrederick and #FredFirstSat
Something New in Downtown Frederick: First Saturday Swing Dance Evangelical Reformed Chapel, 10 West Church Street.
$5 gets you a beginner lesson at 7 pm with Mark & Danae, and a social dance from 8 to 9:30 pm.
March Events in Frederick
For Frederick Homeowners:
- Frederick County Builder’s Association 42nd Annual Home Show – March 17 – 18, Great Frederick Fairgrounds
Frederick Restaurant Week:
- March 5 – 11. Fixed price meals, lunch and dinner. This is a great way to try out a new restaurant. See participating restaurants on the website. #FredRestWK
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for March: Cyrille Aimée, 2018 Oscar Nominated Shorts, Baskerville – A Sherlock Holmes Mystery, We Banjo 3, Saturday Night Fever Featuring the New York BeeGees, FRYO – Music from Around the World, Sammy Miller and the Congregation, Mitch Albom, For the kids: My Father’s Dragon, Plus: Frederick Reads – Jose Andres. A Frederick Family Easter Favorite – The New Adventures of Alice in Wonderland.
- March at Maryland Ensemble Theatre Life without Ruby Slippers (Benefits SHIP and the Religious Coalition), Pillowman, RetroProm, Coming: The Fun Company – Super., and Rapture Blister Burn.
- Way off Broadway Dinner Theater Shrek the Musical, and casting for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Coming: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
- The Performing Arts Factory, Jesus Christ Superstar.
- Frederick Flute Choir, March 18, Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- The Delaplaine Visual Arts Center has several exhibits and workshops in March. Drop-in art session First Saturday. Art Carnival, Mar. 17, 1 – 4 pm.
- Ceramic Art Exhibit, Juried Art Exhibit @ Hood College.
- Blue Ridge Odyssey Encore Art Exhibit, Spires Brass Band, Frederick Community College
- Poulenc and the Pines at Coffman Chapel at Hood College – Frederick Symphony Orchestra, March 19th, 2017 at 3:00 PM. Coffman Chapel at Hood College
- Frederick Artists Night at Cowork Frederick. March 3rd. Nature photography exhibit by Kai Hagen and live music from Alicia Nunez. More at coworkfrederick.com/
For the Kids & Family
- Tot Swap Children’s Consignment Sale, Frederick Fair Grounds, March 21-25.
- Easter Bunny Breakfast and Egg Hunt, March 31, 8 am – 10 am, Adventure Park USA
- Walkersville Southern Railroad, Bunny Train, Mar. 24,25, and 31.
- Westview Promenade Egg-Citement Easter Event, March 31.
- History Hour First and third Tuesday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St. Read-aloud and crafts for pre-schoolers.
- Frederick County Public Libraries have many events for children. Check out their events calendar.
- 48th Annual Maple Syrup Demonstrations – March 10-11 and 17-18, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The William Houck area at Cunningham Falls State Park. (301) 271-7574. (informative and fun, games, stories and crafts, pancake and sausage breakfast from 9:30 to 2 pm) Friends of Cunningham Falls State Park & Gambrill State Park
- Ausherman Planetarium –Saturn, Jewel of the Heavens, Dinosaurs Alive!, Journey to Space.
- Flowers to Pharmaceuticals. Book Talk and other presentations. National Museum of Civil War Medicine
- See upcoming events from Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St.
- Middletown Historical Society Events: Girls Day Out! March 17, Easter Egg Hunt – March 24, More on Mainstreet Middltown website.
- Leprechaun Luau, by the Rotary Club of Frederick, Saturday, March 10, 4 – 8 pm. Frederick Community College
- Playing at the MET, March 2, 3 and 4th “Life without Ruby Slippers” (Benefits SHIP and the Religious Coalition)
- Scrabble® Mania! March 10 from 2 to 5 p.m. at Dutch’s Daughter. The Literacy Council will hold its first event to bring awareness to the problem of illiteracy in Frederick County and to the need for more tutors.
- The 20th Annual Catoctin Affair to support the Mental Health Association of Frederick County, April 14, 6:30 – 11:30.
- Clutch the Future – Benefit for the Women to Women Mentoring Program and FCC Scholarships, Mar. 17, Hood College.
For the Foodies in Frederick:
- Frederick Restaurant Week – Monday through Sunday, March 5 – 11 is Frederick Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants are offering special meals at special prices; its a great time to try out that new restaurant you’ve been wondering about, or visit your favorite. See the website for details.
- Black Ankle Vineyards
- Linganore Winecellars – Barrel Tasting Event, March
- Elk Run – Barrel and Vertical Tasting
Feel Free to add any events in the comments!