Things to Do in Frederick Md ~ January 2013
Happy New Year 2013 ♥ in Frederick Md
In January, it’s time to “Wine Down” in Frederick Md.
First Saturday in the Historic District
- Free Messages
- Wine Tastings
- Live Music
- Gallery Openings
- More info at Downtown Frederick Partnership
February Events in Frederick
The Arts in Frederick:
- Weinberg Performances for January, Cartoon Fest, Jan 5th, Freedom Train, Peter Pan, ACFF “Best of Fest” Three Films, 1964 The Tribute, and much more.
- January at Maryland Ensemble Theatre: The Comedy Pigs, Commedia Puss in Boots until Jan. 6., The Glass Menagerie (in Feb.)
- Until Jan 8, Student Juried Art Show at FCC
- Way Off Broadway: Steel Magnolias, Disney’s Aladdin Jr.
History In Frederick
- New Exhibits at the Civil War Medicine Museum: Rediscovering Alexander Gardner’s Antietam Photographs, and Charlotte Parkins Gilman, “The Yellow Wall Paper”
- Model Train Open House, through Feb. 3.
For the Kids
- Ausherman Planetarium: Dawn of the Space Age, Jewel of the Space Age
- Hello Kitty! Breakfast at Adventure Park USA. Feb 9.
- History Hour, the Historical Society of Frederick County, 24 E. Church St., has preschool History Hour programs, the first and third Tuesday of the month from 1 to 2 pm.
- Free Veterans and Active Duty Accupuncture: Om Chakra Holisitic Healing & Massage Center
31 W. Patrick St., Suite 100 Frederick.
- Caps for Cures, Jan. 21, 4-H is collecting handmade hats of all kinds for children being treated at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
- Blood Drive, Jan. 21, 9am to 3pm, St. John’s Community Center Hall, 214 E. Second St.
- Coming Up: The Literacy Council Read-a-thon, runs from Jan. 17 until Feb 28, Online Registration begins today.
For the Foodies in Frederick:
- An Evening of Decadent Desserts–in a Roaring 20’s Celebration! @ The Cultural Arts Center, January 27.
- Coming UP: The Winter Progressive Dinner – Tuesday, February 26, 2012 from 5:45 pm-10pm. JoJo’s Restaurant & Tap House, the Orchard, Cacique, and Acacia Fusion Bistro, $90. See Downtown Frederick Partnership for Details.
Feel Free to add any events in the comments! Stay warm!