Fun in October in Frederick Md
It’s the favorite month for kids of all ages… October in Frederick includes Trick or Treat, Pumpkin patches, corn mazes and lots of frightening fun.
First Saturday in the Historic District
The theme for October’s First Saturday: The Harvest. There will be events for the whole family throughout downtown Frederick to celebrate the coming of Fall. Oct. 3rd, 3 to 9 pm.
- For the Kids, Pumpkin painting & Arts & Crafts
- Farmers Market Festival
- Art Demonstrations
- Live Music several places downtown. Dance Troups.
- Spiced Cider
- Gallery Openings, Artists painting
- Trolly rides. The trolly stops at the Fairgrounds for Oktoberfest.
Get it Downtown Scavenger Hunt 2015 – October 6, from 6:30 to 8:30. tickets here.
Take a Rake 2015, Oct. 17 8:30 AM downtown Frederick
Second Annual Downtown Frederick Cornhole Classic, Oct. 17 – Win prizes!
Theater in Frederick
- The Maryland Ensemble Theatre: One Man, Two Guvnors, The Cat in the Hat, Frankenstein.
- The Weinberg Center for The Arts: 72-Hour Film Fest, Gideon Luke and the People, Taps Alive, Super Scientific Circus, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Peter Rabbit Tales, Regina Carter’s Southern Comfort, Craig Ferguson, Nightmare on Elm Street, Phantom of the Opera 1925 silent (Oct. 31), Bud Abbot and Lou Costello in Frankenstein, Invasion of the Bodysnatchers.
- Way Off Broadway, The Addams Family, Disney’s The Jungle Book.
- Fredericktowne Players: The Little Shop of Horrors
The Arts in Frederick
- Delaplaine Visual Arts Education Center: Community Supported Art Party, First Saturday, 3-5 pm.
- Obsidian Art Exhibit, Voices and Brass, Songs Across Time, New Lunchtime Recital Series, FCC Kussmaul Theater
- Community Concert Series, Oct. 25, Calvary United Methodist Church
Frederick Great Outdoors
- Monthly Carillon Recital at Baker park on the first & third Sunday of the month, at 12:30
- Walkersville Southern Railroad Saturday Excursions 11 am and 2 pm. A Dinner Train, Ghost Trains.
- Mt. Airy Fall Festival, Oct. 3-4, Mt. Airy Carnival Grounds
- Oktoberfest, Oct. 3 – 4 @Frederick Fairgrounds
- Brunswick Railroad Days, Oct. 3-4, Downtown Brunswick
- Rose Hill Manor Park Fall Festival, Oct. 3-4, Crafts, farm exhibits and more.
- Fallfest at Catoctin Furnace, Oct. 9-10, 12607 Catoctin Furnace Rd.
- Catoctin Colorfest, Oct. 10 & 11th, Thurmont Community Park
- Alpaca Fiber and Artisan Fair, Oct. 17 – 18, Sugarloaf Alpaca Company
- Oktoberfest at Shifferstadt, Oct. 17-18
- South Mountain Creamery Fall Festival, Oct. 17-18
- Myersville Trolley & Bluegrass Festival, Oct. 18th, 7 – 4 pm.
- Fort Ritchie Community Fall Craft Bazaar, Sept. 17th, 9 am to 3 pm. Halloween Party, Oct. 23, 6 – 8 pm. Fort Ritchie Community Center, 14421 Lake Royer Drive, Cascade Md
- 13th Annual Urbana Indoor Art & Craft Show, Oct. 24, Urbana Fire Hall
- Frederick Wineries have many outdoor Fall events! Check out Linganore Winecellars, Elk Run Vineyards, Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard
- Convoy of Hope – Oct. 24, 8 am to 3 pm. See Facebook page, for news of free screenings and checkups, and services!
- Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes, Oct. 11, Baker Park.
- The 17th An Evening on the Riviera, Benefits local veterans, active and former servicemen and women, Oct. 16, Musket Ridge Golf Club
- Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk, Oct. 3, Baker Park
- Pink Ribbon Gala, Oct. 24, Colonial Jewelers
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Oct. 18, Maryland School for the Deaf.
- Mud Dog Run – Zombie Edition 2014, Oct. 31, Crumland Farms 5K – Raising funds for Veterans suffering from PTSD, => 22 Needs A Face.
- Sophie and Madigan’s Pirate and PRincess 5K and Fun Run, Oct. 17, Baker Park.
- Mid Atlantic Run and Gun Race 5K Oct. 3
- Walk & Wag, Oct. 17, Ballenger Creek Park. Hosted by The Frederick County Humane Society
- Frederick Rescue Mission – Souper Sunday is October 11, 1 – 3 pm. Select a bowl from the Little Pottery Shop, 117 N. East St any time. Every $25 ticket lets you dample soups at the event. Walk for Change, Oct. 24.
- See more non-profit events on the Frederick Community Calendar Gazette.net
For History Buffs:
- Civil War Walking Tour, downtown Frederick. Oct. 3, 17th.
- Murder and Mayhem Tours, Museum of Frederick County History, Fridays and Saturdays, Living History – Slave Life, and many more events.
- Candlelight Cemetary Tours, downtown Frederick.
- Oktoberfest At Schifferstadt, Oct. 17 & 18.
- Battlefield Hikes at Monocacy Battlefield, Oct. 18
For Frederick Foodies:
- Rise & Shine with Downtown Frederick Partnership: Oct. 8, 7:30 to 9 AM, tickets and info here.
- I found this Google Map of local Farmer’s Markets, thanks to whoever created this, it’s helpful.
Autumn Pumpkins & Corn Mazes
- Summers Farm , 5614 Butterfly Lane, Frederick, Maryland Pumpkin Festival, Oct. 10-11, 2015
- The Great Pumpkin Race & Fun Run, Sept. 29, Summers Farm, Butterfly Lane
- Scarecrow Decorating Contest, downtown Middletown, Oct. 17.
- Color Me Autumn Festival, Oct. 24, 10 AM to 5 PM
- The Great Pumpkin Patch, Oct. 12-13, 12406 Old National Pike, Mt. Airy
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival, through November 2.
- Crumland Farm, Sept. 26 – Nov. 1 Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, Zombie Paintball on Saturdays, North on Route 15, Mile Marker 17. Willow Road.
- Screamland Farms, Fridays & Saturdays Sept. 25 – Oct. 31st. 7 – 10 pm.
- Jumbo’s Pumpkin Patch, 6521 Holter Road, Middletown, Md
- Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze, Sept. 19 – Nov. 1, 13003 Creagerstown Road, Thurmont, Md
- Brookfield Pumpkins, 8302 Ramsburg Road, Thurmont, Md
- Mayne’s Tree Farm,3420 Buckeystown
- Green Meadows Farm, Ijamsville Md
- MallOWeen – Free trick or treating – FSK Mall 5-8pm. Wear your costumes and trick or treat at over 40 vendor booths and mall stores. Goody bags for the first 500 parents. Treat bags for kids. (while supplies last). More details: http://bit.ly/1Efc6wR
- 6th Annual Halloween in Baker Park, Oct. 24.
- Not-S0-Scary Family Halloween Party, Adventure Park USA, Oct. 24
- Harpers Scary Haunted Hayride & Zipline Tour, Oct. 24-26, 31, Harpers Ferry Adventure Center
- Ghost Train, Walkersville Southern Railroad
- Halloween Trick or Treat, Westview Promenade, Oct. 24
- Halloween Trick or Treat in Downtown Frederick, Oct. 24
- Trick or Treat through Literary History, Oct. 30, Rose Hill Manor Park
- Laser Light Shows, , Earth and Space Science Lab. 240-236,2694
♥ Enjoy October Fun in Frederick!
photo credit: Aurelien Guichard on flickr